Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pick up my GW and after I got it home it looks like the forward radio controls on the tank are not working. I seem to think that the former owner disconnected something to hook up a satellite radio or something; I can't even shut off the radio. The bike dealer said to bring it back and they will take a look at it which I was glad to hear. How do I remove the radio to take a look at the connections or are they somewhere else? Does anyone have any tips on this problem?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
What year Gold Wing is that, That should in every post when asking a question about it. Different year Gold Wings have different radio's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I forgot to post that, 2006

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
O.K. here is the radio, to turn it on or off you have to push and HOLD the AUDIO button, to switch it from outside speakers to helmet speakers you push and release the AUDIO button, To raise or lower the volume you turn the left knob or use the handlebar control, (make sure the MUTE button on the handlebar is not depressed) when you push down on the volume and/or mode knobs there are several different functions that they do. Same with the intercom and CB button (if you have a CB) Any other questions post them here or call me and I will walk you through the process.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me Joe but the buttons dont work on my bike, the only controls that work are the ones on my handle bars. I can never shut the radio off,it seems that the tank contorls have been disconected. I want to pull the radio and take a look at the conections but I have no idea what and how much is involved with it.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
You might just find a plug disconnected once you remove the top shelter.
The radio won't turn off even if you hold the button down for a short time? To take the radio you have to remove the top shelter, not a big deal and then you can get the radio out.
Here is how to take the dash off
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196034
and the start of this video is taking off the dash on a pre 06 Wing, the rest is taking off the top shelter, which is the same process.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~wingnut/Videos/18filter.wmv

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who the the videos are a big help! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts