Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1992 Goldwing. I'm looking for the best intercom system that will allow me to talk to passenger and other riders

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Welcome to the site Bacher Alaska. Not much of a Bluetooth wizzard me, so I'll let someone better versed deal with that. I was always happy with the OEM i/c on my 1500. But then I thought cassette tapes sounded good in them days too:D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
We're using the Sena SMH10 dual set. So far, quite happy. I suspect you could go with any one of the larger name brands and be happy with it.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
i use a flip up helmet; i'd say the speakers are for voice not music although you can play music on it of course. Personally I think the music quality was poor but that's me maybe not you. Voice was very good

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Just bought a 1992 Goldwing. I'm looking for the best intercom system that will allow me to talk to passenger and other riders
And another welcome to the forum. I'm satisfied with my J&M headsets and Honda cb. You'll get a lot of good info here from actual users who have long-term experience with their units and other brands.

But webBikeWorld.com has an extensive library of reviews that go into deatail with pros and cons on a wide variety of stuff, especially intercoms and bluetooth systems. They're not Goldwing or even touring oriented but they still have good knowledge of a wide range of accessories from electronics to clothing and helmets.

And that ability to communicate with your co-rider and other bikes will multiply the enjoyment and safety of every ride.

Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at the chatterbox system. I've been steered that direction by HJC helmets, that are made with the molded mounting space on the helmet. I want to hear from someone who owns and operates one, not just sells them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth Communications

Thanks for the info, I have looked at the Scala G9 Powerset and know it get good reviews as well. First I've heard about the Sena. I'm a rookie. Thanks!

I own a Can Am Spyder and am getting a couple of helmets for the wife and myself. The HJC Modular and either the Sena or the Scala G9

·
Registered
734 Posts
I vote for the Scala Powerset as well. I have the G4 but the new G9 is out with more powerful features. The G4 works good but has some bluetooth compatibility problems when pairing with other riders, especially if you also use an iphone too. Just what I noticed. But compared to other brands, I think the Scala has it in the bag. They are both good. I think revzilla.com has a write up on both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts