Honda Goldwing Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
A 2004 Buell Blast 500CC. Loved that bike so much. Laid it down in a road construction area. and totaled it. That's been 12 years ago and I still miss that little bike.

·
Registered
2005 GL1800
7 Posts
Not counting the mini bike (5HP Briggs - a Beast LOL), a Honda T70. Maybe 1970-2? My Dad loved me!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Got my license on my stepfathers Honda 350, in 1974. First bike I owned was a Triumph Tiger in Italy in 1975. Followed by a Honda 750 also in Italy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mark kinda got me thinking about our first bikes as he's been sharing pics of classics from the Barber Museum.

My very first bike I bought back in 1968 in Huntington Beach, California was a 66 Yamaha 250 Catalina, parallel twin 2 stroke naked street bike. Mine was the first year that Yamaha came out with the automatic oil injection system. Had a buddy with a stock 65 Yammy that had to mix his oil in the tank and his bike was faster than mine. I cursed this darn bike so much as it was notorious for fouled plugs. I darn near wore myself out pushing it down the street trying to jump start it as the kick starter just couldn't get it going most of the time. I was happy to see that bike go and get replaced with the classic Honda 305 Scrambler. Now there was a bike to lust after.
Not my first bike but I had a '67 YM-1 305 for about 35 years and planned to restore it some day. I had it running once but it was too far gone to be worth restoring so I sold it to a guy who used it for parts on one of his projects. I had read about its notorious oiling and plug fouling issues, which only further convinced me it was a bad base for a restoration.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first bike was a Honda 90 three speed with automatic clutch. Was only 12 years old. Bought it with saved paper route money 4 days before Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. Next was a Honda 100 Motorsport. Loved it. Then I graduated at age 16 to a 350. Everyone seemed to have a 350 back in 1973.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1973 Honda CB3650 twin. I bought it from a friend at work in 1980 and sold it in Feb 1981 when I bought what I thought was a MONSTER 1981 Suzuki 650E.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first street bike was a 1978 Yamaha XS750 Special. This photo of it was taken in 1981.

It was a good bike for a few years but eventually cost more to maintain than it was worth. It developed a growing stress crack in the bottom of the engine block. I removed the engine a few times to have it welded, but it never held. The last straw was when the timing chain jumped and it dropped a valve into the #2 piston. I traded it as soon as I got it fixed.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first bike is a 79 goldwing gl1000, just about got all the maintenance done on it and then I finally get to take it for a test ride. I bought it for 400 and had to replace coil pack, exhaust, front brake resivoir, front and rear brakes and front and rear tires and tubes.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts