Honda Goldwing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
First bike... "technically" was a 82 Honda CM450. Only had it about 6 months. I traded a non running ATV for it. All I had to fix on it was a leaky gas tank. Had a windjammer fairing on it. Took my mom for a ride on it several times. My dad would never insure it. He hated the fact that I borrowed my brother's old CB400F to take my license test on the same day I did my auto driver's test. LOL

A few years later, I bought a used Honda 250 Nighthawk. Mainly because it was cheap. I put oer 11,000 miles on that bike and rode it from Ft Hood Texas to Tifton, Ga nonstop. That was before I knew anything about Iron Butt. I might have accomplished something with that ride. I bought it in 1993 and sold it in 1997. Was my daily ride from 93-95 and part of 96 when I got back from Korea. My wife put a tad over 500 miles on it herself while I was overseas.

·
Registered
6 Posts

My first bike was a white 1965 Honda S90, my Dad bought it new in 1966 on Easter Sunday. Along with my uncle and cousins we drove to warehouse in downtown LA. Gave the $250 and $8 for a Bates helmet, put in the trunk and drove it home. I took it apart put it back together, stripped it for dirt, painted it, I knew that this was going to be my passion. Born and raised in Bellflower, Ca, any empty field in the 60's was full of small motorcycles.
Here's is a pic of me and my grandma, about 1968-69.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
1982 Suzuki GS750T
Rode it nearly daily for three years, then bought a 1986 Concours.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
My father, in 1966, bought 5 Honda Trail 50. We raised cattle and the salesman said "we would be able herd cattle better" with these little mini trails. So we gave it a go. I was 11 at the time. It was not bad chasing and herding Herefords and Linebacks. But then being as we were in southern Tx we mostly had longhorns. Which my Pa was trying to breed with the Herefords and Linebacks.
Too make the story shorter, the longhorns would chase the Trail 50's. We lost 2 bikes to being gored and stomped on that first year. So it was back to chasing them with horses. And my 3 brothers and I wore those other three bikes out back country riding. The picture is a generic picture of the Trail 50 we had.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,357 Posts
Interesting where we all came from and how we got here...

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
1966 honda cl90 scrambler. I wore that bike out until Dad couldn't rebuild it anymore!
My paw made us rebuild our own. Only helped when something was a little over our heads. And usually just pointed and said do this, do that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
A 1969 Kawasaki 175 Bushwacker. Bought it to get to back and forth to college in 1969. The next year it was taken to a Hare Scrambles outside of El Paso, Texas to compete for fun. I took the tools necessary to remove the headlight, tail light, and turn signals to lighten it and make sure it could be ridden home. It was entered in the 250cc beginners class. To my surprise I narrowly missed winning that class by about 30 seconds. Turns out the owner of the shop where it was purchased attended the race. He was impressed enough with my skills that he offered me a sponsored ride on a 1970 Kawasaki 250 full blown dirt bike, model unknown. That 250 had no suspension to speak of and weighed a ton. It got me into motocross racing though until I dropped the sponsorship and purchased a more competitive Ossa 250 Stiletto. That is me and my brother on the Bushwacker.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honda QA 50 bought brand new. I rode it around and around and around our tiny backyard for what seemed like forever. Ugly little bike but it started a lifelong passion for me. I upgraded after that to a Yamaha JT1 Mini Enduro 60 that my dad rode for a little while. I still have that bike after 40+ years, it runs, leaks and smokes a little bit but it puts a smile on my face every time it cranks on the 2nd kick. Wish I still had the QA50

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
1972 Honda mini trail 50. Like the safety gear? :0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny, It's the same bike we used to ride and the farm is about the same. :)

·
Administrator
25,357 Posts
Who among you ever rode one of these? Was my brother's but it was the first powered two wheeler I ever rode. Was 8 at the time

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,357 Posts
What the heck is it?
That is a Puch /Allstate 50cc scooter. 3 speed handlebar shift auto clutch. Wasn't the greatest machine overall, but we thought it was for the day. Mid 60's when we had it.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts