Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
I officially started riding later in life. In 2000 I got my bike licence obtained this 1980 CB 750 and rode it for a couple of years. I took these pictures on my neighbors driveway after the fact when I sold it to him, hence the date on them.
I loved my CB750. I had it decked out with a Vetter fairing, crash bars, CB radio, trunk and air horns. It was my only transportation when it was stolen. :crying:

A 90cc Bridgestone when I was 15, a 305 Honda Scrambler when 17, then a 500 Kawasaki H1 Mach III at 18.

Attachments

I was 14 and a year was 1975. My buddy inherited a jewel of Russian engineering... the bike was called VOSKHOD (sunrise) and it had 175 cc. Had to search the net to find a picture, but never the less it was a moving bike. Here is the picture
BTW.. a total POS.

Attachments

I was 14 and a year was 1975. My buddy inherited a jewel of Russian engineering... the bike was called VOSKHOD (sunrise) and it had 175 cc. Had to search the net to find a picture, but never the less it was a moving bike. Here is the picture
BTW.. a total POS.
:shocked:actually, many of us had one or two of "them":LaughHard:

My first bike was a 1980 Yamaha 650.

Yamaha 750 Virago shaft drive. Drove it for 6 months until I went too basic training and put it in storage for 2 years. Bought a Kawasaki GPS 305 belt drive while on active duty and drove it until I got out. Sold it and went back to the Virago 750.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
BTW.. a total POS.
That's funny Ralph as my first bike a 66 Yamaha Catalina 2 stroke parallel twin was a POS too. Cussed that bike more than any other as I had to push it down the road as fast as I could run and drop into gear as it seldom cranked from the kick starter. But when it ran that two stroke sounded sweet.

Wow.... this brings up some good memories.

My first bike was 67 (?) BSA Starfire my dad bought in '71 or '72. I really don't know how it lasted as long as it did. It was ridden everywhere it shouldn't have been ridden as I was a country boy with a lot of dare put into me from all of the neighbors. Trail riding, in n out of the creek, hill climbing as much as a street tire would allow and we even made jump ramps. The only bad thing that I can remember about the bile is that we had to put gaskets in it every year.... miss those days!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I think by the late '70's hodaka knew they were coming to an end, the quality really suffered for the early hodaka's like I had and cost wise if I would have saved up about $75 more I could have gotten a cb 350 but I was only 13yrs old at the time and my dad wouldn't let me buy a street bike

First bike... "technically" was a 82 Honda CM450. Only had it about 6 months. I traded a non running ATV for it. All I had to fix on it was a leaky gas tank. Had a windjammer fairing on it. Took my mom for a ride on it several times. My dad would never insure it. He hated the fact that I borrowed my brother's old CB400F to take my license test on the same day I did my auto driver's test. LOL

A few years later, I bought a used Honda 250 Nighthawk. Mainly because it was cheap. I put oer 11,000 miles on that bike and rode it from Ft Hood Texas to Tifton, Ga nonstop. That was before I knew anything about Iron Butt. I might have accomplished something with that ride. I bought it in 1993 and sold it in 1997. Was my daily ride from 93-95 and part of 96 when I got back from Korea. My wife put a tad over 500 miles on it herself while I was overseas.

My first bike was a white 1965 Honda S90, my Dad bought it new in 1966 on Easter Sunday. Along with my uncle and cousins we drove to warehouse in downtown LA. Gave the $250 and $8 for a Bates helmet, put in the trunk and drove it home. I took it apart put it back together, stripped it for dirt, painted it, I knew that this was going to be my passion. Born and raised in Bellflower, Ca, any empty field in the 60's was full of small motorcycles.

My father, in 1966, bought 5 Honda Trail 50. We raised cattle and the salesman said "we would be able herd cattle better" with these little mini trails. So we gave it a go. I was 11 at the time. It was not bad chasing and herding Herefords and Linebacks. But then being as we were in southern Tx we mostly had longhorns. Which my Pa was trying to breed with the Herefords and Linebacks.
Too make the story shorter, the longhorns would chase the Trail 50's. We lost 2 bikes to being gored and stomped on that first year. So it was back to chasing them with horses. And my 3 brothers and I wore those other three bikes out back country riding. The picture is a generic picture of the Trail 50 we had.

Attachments

Interesting where we all came from and how we got here...

Reactions: Cantankerous
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.