Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
My very first bike was a Honda Trail 70. Some black kid in Detroit stole it, ran it into a car in front of this guy's house and got up and ran away. The cops came and didn't want to bother with it so the guy dragged it up the drive and I traded him a lawn mower for it. All the other kids had mini bikes. Even the ones with 5 horse Briggs' on em couldn't keep up with that little bike. I used a set of mini bike forks, bent the hell out of em and made it work. It was really scary and dangerous but...I was a kid. LOL

My first road bike wasn't till I was in my late 20's. My dad had a 79 Honda CBX that he'd not ridden in over ten years and asked if I wanted it. I lived in Michigan, him in Florida. It was quite a fiasco getting it home but I did. I rode the hell out of it, drag raced it at the track and eventually sold it when I was getting rid of stuff to move to Texas...should kept the stuff and stayed home! LOL

For it's day that was one stupid fast bike! I never got it quite to original performance but close. It was damn fast for the technology of it's time. My 04 CBR F4i with half the CC's would have walked away from it.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I officially started riding later in life. In 2000 I got my bike licence obtained this 1980 CB 750 and rode it for a couple of years. I took these pictures on my neighbors driveway after the fact when I sold it to him, hence the date on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I officially started riding later in life. In 2000 I got my bike licence obtained this 1980 CB 750 and rode it for a couple of years. I took these pictures on my neighbors driveway after the fact when I sold it to him, hence the date on them.
I loved my CB750. I had it decked out with a Vetter fairing, crash bars, CB radio, trunk and air horns. It was my only transportation when it was stolen. :crying:

·
Registered
201 Posts
My first bike was a 1990 (started riding in 1999) Honda Hawk GT (NT650.) She was VERY fast for her size, and an easy bike to learn on. I wish I had kept her!

Attachments

·
Banned
1 Posts
In 1983 I bought my first bike, A new Silverwing GL650I. Had it less than 2 weeks and took it back to the dealer and traded it in on a new left over '82 GL1100I...I actually got my license on the Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
A 90cc Bridgestone when I was 15, a 305 Honda Scrambler when 17, then a 500 Kawasaki H1 Mach III at 18.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I was 14 and a year was 1975. My buddy inherited a jewel of Russian engineering... the bike was called VOSKHOD (sunrise) and it had 175 cc. Had to search the net to find a picture, but never the less it was a moving bike. Here is the picture
BTW.. a total POS.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,357 Posts
I was 14 and a year was 1975. My buddy inherited a jewel of Russian engineering... the bike was called VOSKHOD (sunrise) and it had 175 cc. Had to search the net to find a picture, but never the less it was a moving bike. Here is the picture
BTW.. a total POS.
:shocked:actually, many of us had one or two of "them":LaughHard:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
My first bike was a 1980 Yamaha 650.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yamaha 750 Virago shaft drive. Drove it for 6 months until I went too basic training and put it in storage for 2 years. Bought a Kawasaki GPS 305 belt drive while on active duty and drove it until I got out. Sold it and went back to the Virago 750.

·
Premium Member
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
BTW.. a total POS.
That's funny Ralph as my first bike a 66 Yamaha Catalina 2 stroke parallel twin was a POS too. Cussed that bike more than any other as I had to push it down the road as fast as I could run and drop into gear as it seldom cranked from the kick starter. But when it ran that two stroke sounded sweet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In 1976 at 12 I got a 73 kawasaki MC1 90cc enduro. My first street bike in 1981 was a 73 Honda cb125. I quickly moved up to a 78 Yamaha SR500. After that was a brand new 83 Yamaha 650 seca, then a 400 seca, 500 shadow then nothing for years.
Now as of yesterday, a 81ltd 750 (17,400km) and an 81 Goldwing (39,900km). I traded a utility trailer for the pair. Both run.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow.... this brings up some good memories.

My first bike was 67 (?) BSA Starfire my dad bought in '71 or '72. I really don't know how it lasted as long as it did. It was ridden everywhere it shouldn't have been ridden as I was a country boy with a lot of dare put into me from all of the neighbors. Trail riding, in n out of the creek, hill climbing as much as a street tire would allow and we even made jump ramps. The only bad thing that I can remember about the bile is that we had to put gaskets in it every year.... miss those days!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
I think by the late '70's hodaka knew they were coming to an end, the quality really suffered for the early hodaka's like I had and cost wise if I would have saved up about $75 more I could have gotten a cb 350 but I was only 13yrs old at the time and my dad wouldn't let me buy a street bike

61 - 80 of 111 Posts