Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 105 Posts
My first was a Yammy also. It was a YL1 nicknamed the (Wild one). Rode it forever and sold it to a friend who did the same.

Those Twinstars had to be the most popular starter bikes ever. They tooke the market away from the Honda 100 by virtue of that super sweet two cylinder engine and the unique sound. Around here just about every guy and his dog had one except for me; I always had to be different.

; I always had to be different.
Some things are a constant in life, but we wouldn't want it any other way. :wink2:

Look like this?

Attachments

My first bike was a 1965 650cc BSA Thunderbolt.

I was 17 and just out of Navy bootcamp heading to my first duty station, NAS Oceania Virginia Beach Virginia.

If I can find a picture of it I'll post it.

My first ride I think was in 1970.. A 1966 Honda cl160 scrambler....bought it used for 200 bucks! Rode the snot out of her!

Attachments

My first bike was a 1965 650cc BSA Thunderbolt.

If I can find a picture of it I'll post it.
That was my first bike also, but a 1968 model. Great bike but Lucas, Prince of Darkness, stranded me a time or two. Wish I had some pictures but Hurricane Katrina took all the pre-marriage evidence.

1980 Honda 650CB Custom
I loved that bike but it started to cost to mush to keep it running so I had to sell it and upgrade to something newer.
LOL Now that I've said it out loud I miss it. LOL looks like I mite be going shopping :)

Found these old photos.
LOL :)
Now I know I'm going shopping, Thanks a lot.

Attachments

'70 Yamaha 350R5
(note the kicker...electric starters were for weak sticks!! :grin2:
No electrical anything except lights. Those turn signals were an option too...and mine didn't have 'em.)

Rode it roundtrip coast-to-coast....TWICE.

Finally sold it in '83 for $50...of which the fellow only ever actually gave me $25.

....sT

in 1964 at the ripe old age of 10, got a slightly used 11hp, Cushman super eagle. I put many a mile on that thing in the next 7 years, riding country roads, oil field roads, farmers fields, and dirt motorcycle trails. Roamed the neighborhood collecting soda bottles at a nickel apiece to buy gas. First legal street bike was a Honda 500 twin.

As recently posted a 80 CB 750. I was a late comer in getting my bike licence and riding on the street. This was in 2000 when I was 40, with no real intention on getting a bike and riding. I only wanted a licence if I got pulled over going for a spin on someone else bike. Who know it would lead to the passion I have now for riding. Prior to that it would be riding and old buddies home made mini bike and the odd other bike for a spin. A couple years after I sold it to a neighbor and this was taken on his driveway before he sold it.

Attachments

My first bike was a 1974 KZ400 when I was 18. It shocked both my parents that I bought a motorcycle without their knowledge but they were eventually fine with it. It gave me so much freedom, I'd ride the lakefront in Milwaukee every night after work. I drove that little 400 just under 25000 miles before selling it, my only mode of transportation at the time.

I was excited when I saw that bike after so many years of owning it, at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA, last fall, located on highway 151. The staff were very accommodating also, as they moved two other bikes that were in front of my 400 so I could get this unobstructed photo. I couldn't get over how small the 400 looked next to me, as Im pretty close to the same size now as when I owned it.

That museum is a MUST STOP & SEE if you ever go through Iowa on 151. You can spent 2-3 hours there easy, and there's a pretty good chance any older bike you've owned will be on display there.

Attachments

My very first bike was a Honda Trail 70. Some black kid in Detroit stole it, ran it into a car in front of this guy's house and got up and ran away. The cops came and didn't want to bother with it so the guy dragged it up the drive and I traded him a lawn mower for it. All the other kids had mini bikes. Even the ones with 5 horse Briggs' on em couldn't keep up with that little bike. I used a set of mini bike forks, bent the hell out of em and made it work. It was really scary and dangerous but...I was a kid. LOL

My first road bike wasn't till I was in my late 20's. My dad had a 79 Honda CBX that he'd not ridden in over ten years and asked if I wanted it. I lived in Michigan, him in Florida. It was quite a fiasco getting it home but I did. I rode the hell out of it, drag raced it at the track and eventually sold it when I was getting rid of stuff to move to Texas...should kept the stuff and stayed home! LOL

For it's day that was one stupid fast bike! I never got it quite to original performance but close. It was damn fast for the technology of it's time. My 04 CBR F4i with half the CC's would have walked away from it.

Wayne

I officially started riding later in life. In 2000 I got my bike licence obtained this 1980 CB 750 and rode it for a couple of years. I took these pictures on my neighbors driveway after the fact when I sold it to him, hence the date on them.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.