Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a father I must say that any day with my kids when they were young, of course.

My best solo day of riding started in Las Vegas the afternoon before, in late March about 17 years ago. Headed north out of LV, went through some small mountains headed to Furnace Creek, Death Valley, CA where I stayed that night. Took off early the next morning and on the same day took a photo of my '80 Suzuki GS850GL parked next to the sign for Badwater, CA, the lowest point in the continental US (I recall it as 232' below sea level,) and a photo of his front tire stuck into the snow in the Sierra Nevadas. Stayed at a mountain lake about 100 miles north of there that night. Good day of scoot riding!:D

Next day I took a lower route back to Las Vegas, ran out of fuel at the top of the large hill south of LV, pulled to the shoulder and rolled about 2 miles to an exit and right into a gas station!:D

Still have the photos, but too lazy to find them!

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
maybe i'll have my best day of riding tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Now that's a tough question:confused:
Been so many great times on the bike, with some really great friend.
A resent one was on the way to the meet and greet in Kalispell. I missed a turn on the way to Thompson Fall Mt. and didn't figure it out till the pavement ran out 26 miles later. One the way back to the turn point, the group spotted a cow moose, and later a naked woman sun bathing. I missed both but the group made me out to be a Hero.:eek:

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Today's!

Wait, like Doc, tomorrow's!

Well, maybe this one time;
Long, long ago and in a land far, far away, I was taking a young lady I was trying to....well you know....she was pretty dreamy... We were on my BSA and going to a party at my friends house which was a few hours away. Damn Lucas, Prince of Darkness, we broke down about half way there. Spent some time finding a place to stash the bike and hitch hike back home. It was a pleasant day and while it didn't work out as well as I wished still a great memory. Not much of a ride though.....

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I believe it was a Monday...:D:p

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Wow, that makes me think way back. It would have been on my CM400 with a very pleasant young lady on the back. We only rode for about 80 miles, but the memory will last forever. :)

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I have to say in any order 1. North Carolina with Chopin, Ralphumor and family. 2. The IBA with Ralphumor. 3. Riding back from Pa. with Crownfire were all equally great. Just knowing what the conditions were in N.C. made it Epic.

G

·
Now that's a tough question:confused:
Been so many great times on the bike, with some really great friend.
A resent one was on the way to the meet and greet in Kalispell. I missed a turn on the way to Thompson Fall Mt. and didn't figure it out till the pavement ran out 26 miles later. One the way back to the turn point, the group spotted a cow moose, and later a naked woman sun bathing. I missed both but the group made me out to be a Hero.:eek:
Never mind the moose, where did you say is this place? Larry and I gonna take a ride.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
I have to say in any order 1. North Carolina with Chopin, Ralphumor and family. 2. The IBA with Ralphumor. 3. Riding back from Pa. with Crownfire were all equally great. Just knowing what the conditions were in N.C. made it Epic.
Yep, my ride back with you was pretty epic for me. But you aren't a pretty red head....they all are good but some are more special than others.

Charlie, my Mondays are good but not at the top of the list....

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Yep, my ride back with you was pretty epic for me. But you aren't a pretty red head....they all are good but some are more special than others.

Charlie, my Mondays are good but not at the top of the list....
I will never be able to compete with the pretty red head. However, you'll have to admit you were much more comfortable running into Buck and Nikki with me than a "pretty red head"......;):eek:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
When I rode down to L2R with Chopin

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
When I rode down to L2R with Chopin

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
I guess the ride with me and Crownfire from Fossil's house to the Holiday Inn is chopped liver.:(

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
My list of great rides is big and sometimes for different reasons. The rides with my childen are right up there.
In Australia:
1/The Great Ocean Road
2/The Great Alpine Road
3/The ride to the red centre
4/The grampians
5/The Adelaide Hills

In The USA
1/ The ride to Winthrop
2/ The ride to Leavenworth
3/ Ron's wrong road
4/ Going to the sun road
5/ BearTooth Pass
6/ Yellowstone
7/ The ride out of Austin MN
Photo 1/Great Alpine Rd.
Photo 2/Adelaide Hills
Photo 3/Red Centre
Eric

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
I will never be able to compete with the pretty red head. However, you'll have to admit you were much more comfortable running into Buck and Nikki with me than a "pretty red head"......;):eek:
No worries on that front, but you sure got that right! I would have just started riding the other way.

Martena has met at firefigher friend of mine from Florida, Jennifer. She's like a sister to me. Anyway I was giving her a ride in North Carolina and we were talking with a guy in a gas station. He asked where we were from and I said Mississippi at the same time she said Florida. He gave me a "Oh, I see" look. We both still laugh about it to this day. She calls me her sugar daddy....

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
My list of great rides is big and sometimes for different reasons. The rides with my childen are right up there.
In Australia:
1/The Great Ocean Road
2/The Great Alpine Road
3/The ride to the red centre
4/The grampians
5/The Adelaide Hills

In The USA
1/ The ride to Winthrop
2/ The ride to Leavenworth
3/ Ron's wrong road
4/ Going to the sun road
5/ BearTooth Pass
6/ Yellowstone
7/ The ride out of Austin MN
Photo 1/Great Alpine Rd.
Photo 2/Adelaide Hills
Photo 3/Red Centre
Eric
Wow!! Bear Tooth Pass is Número Uno in many circles. You got it number 5. Interesting

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Never mind the moose, where did you say is this place? Larry and I gonna take a ride.
Get on I-90 going through Idaho. Get off at the Kingston Exit and head east toward Thompson Falls Montana, when you come to the right turn toward Thompson Falls ignore it and go straight till the pavement runs out. Some place between the ignored sign and the end of the payment were both Moose and The Lady. Since I missed them both I can't get anymore specific than that.
Sorry:eek::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Oh, there have been so many. With Pam, solo, with the group, with DanB, with Bevman. The worst one would be easy. But I'll say the most important was the day Don Franklin offered to let me ride his 110. That was my first time on two wheels without a centrifical clutch. I'd already had the hook in my lip for a few years, but that day I swallowed the hook. And its still there.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Every day is the best day of riding.....

Mark

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Late to getting in on this discussion.

Very Simple for an Ole Fossil.

Any ride with Janice.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
My next ride with Martena. I'm hoping her therapy is going to help her get back on the bike.

One of our last rides was a very good one down to the Angola Prison Rodeo. We went with a group and stopped in Natchez and later went down to St. Francisville, LA to overnight at a bed & breakfast. The next day we went to the rodeo. It isn't much of a rodeo but it is very entertaining. Good thing we were on the Wing as it really is a craft fair for things the prisoners make. On the ride home I took everyone on the Pickneyville road to Woodville. Which is a pretty good motorcycle road. It was a good thing one of the other ladies had some leather chaps for Martena that night. It got pretty cold on the way home after dinner.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts