Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. I have done a search for this type of radio and can't find one like it. It is removable and locks in with a key. I get power but none of the buttons work. I would imagine finding another one is slim to none but I guess I need to figure out which one I have. This is a crappy pic but I will take a better one tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It's a clarion. Try sierra electronics, they fix just about anything "Gold Wing"

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yup, Clarion/Honda Type I am/fm. Type II included cassette player. I think there may have been a Type III, but I forget what it was about (CB maybe included?).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried Googling Type I and II and nothing came up looking anything like this one. I am hoping that Sierra can fix this thing. The only one I have found for sale is the one in the above picture and it is in a lot of them and he won't sell just the one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The photo only shows the control head. The tuner and amp is under are under the pocket. Normally the problem you describe is due to age of the ribbon connecting the controls to the circuit board. If you send it for repair include the control head and tuner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Wayne. I get power but the the tuner buttons and memory buttons don't work. Getting power to the speakers cause the volume controls work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts