Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Goldwing! it's a 2005 with only 3750 miles on it. clearly this bike was a garage ornament and not ridden as it was intended, the bike is very clean, doesn't even look like it ever saw rain. My concern is i am not familiar enough with the bike enough to know if sitting for an extended amount of time could have negative effect. the dealer serviced it, the oil is clean. Should i be concerned?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just bought my first Goldwing! it's a 2005 with only 3750 miles on it. clearly this bike was a garage ornament and not ridden as it was intended, the bike is very clean, doesn't even look like it ever saw rain. My concern is i am not familiar enough with the bike enough to know if sitting for an extended amount of time could have negative effect. the dealer serviced it, the oil is clean. Should i be concerned?
If the dealer serviced it and it runs smoothly, should be no problems. Go for it. I bought mine when it was 16 years old with only 49000 on it. Serviced it out, changed the brake fluid and clutch and it runs great. Welcome and congrats. go riding.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello sjmerrionto GWOF. how are the tires? do they show signs of dry rot or cracking

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Don't forget the brake recall, it's a check.
The bike sounds like a great deal and one you'll have for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your great find. I would put new tires on it even if they look good. Tires have a shelf life of about 6 years and then the compounds begin to break down. There could be microscopic cracks that can't be seen by the naked eye which could cause problems once you begin to ride it more often.

A small price to pay to be safe. JMHO...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts