Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last year I have been struggling with what to do next. I mean I am one of five IBA to do the four corners tour and 10,000 in ten days and from what I am told the only one to do the ride and get both the SCMA (ama sponsored) certification and the IBA certification while doing it.

I am doing a tune up plan for my first ride. Roswell to Texas 2000/48 and 1500/24. I did the 1500/24 last year and did it in 22.43 minutes average speed 66.5 mph.

I am going to do 2000 miles in under 48, but the kicker is I am going to do 1500/24 but I am hoping to do it in a little over 21 hours with and average speed of around 74 mph.

I am mapping it out and it will be mostly in Texas and all of the 1500/24 will be in Texas. The legal speed limit permits and makes it very viable. But safety first always.

Game plan is possibly April or May. Full Moon to be able to see well into the night. I learned somethings since last year and I am hoping it will favor this ride. This is an IBA ride with an extreme ride with in it.

This is not my big ride for the year though. I am planning another 10,000 miles in no not 10 days and no Four Corners Tour this Year. I am planning on doing it in 8 days ....yes 8 days. two 1500 mile days. early on then the rest spread out to get it done in 8.

I am at least planning I will see........I need someone to tell me I am too old or it is not possible for me to succeed....:anyone_sign::icon_biggrin:

The map is the tune up ride still working on the big one.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Lee you are tooooooooo old:BS flag1: and should not do it.:poke: What are you thinking.:icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After evaluating several rides to do as the big ride I have ruled out the Key West to Dead Horse for this year. I want to try and do the big ride at a good pace.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
I am at least planning I will see........I need someone to tell me I am too old or it is not possible for me to succeed....:anyone_sign::icon_biggrin:
Can't say it Iron Man, you know I'm in your corner.....But I have an idea for you.

Don't worry about the mileage so much just ride out here & I'll buy you a Steak at Ruth Chris or better yet....I'll have Chez jaNICE make one for you. The East Coast guys will attest to it's tastiness.:present:

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Travel the states and meet up with all the forum members doing meet and greets!

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
You will have Texas covered......I have a couple of friends down here that want to do a 1000 in 24....so I will concentrate on getting them in the book. As for me, I am in the midst of disappointment with Kneebone and Ira about my MileEater. I am sending emails and its like the song "No Reply at All". We shall see.
OH!!!! Sorry Lee....I got caught up in my own problems. I hope the shoulder is good enough to get it done.:geezer:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will have Texas covered......I have a couple of friends down here that want to do a 1000 in 24....so I will concentrate on getting them in the book. As for me, I am in the midst of disappointment with Kneebone and Ira about my MileEater. I am sending emails and its like the song "No Reply at All". We shall see.
OH!!!! Sorry Lee....I got caught up in my own problems. I hope the shoulder is good enough to get it done.:geezer:
Ref which one did you apply for Bronze or Silver. Mine has taken a while ..they waited until I passed or cleared the big ride he emailed me last week he is sending it late this week. They have been very busy and Michael K. has been tied up with his job as well. I am sure it is in the process, but I understand I was just as impatient with my big certification.

Som one said I was too old so .....challenged accepted..

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Super achievement like mountaineering and IBA marathons is a different animal and one understood by only a few. You march to the sound of a distant drummer Lee. Pursue your dreams young man, while you still can. Eventually we'll all become arm chair adventurers.:Sleeping:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super achievement like mountaineering and IBA marathons is a different animal and one understood by only a few. You march to the sound of a distant drummer Lee. Pursue your dreams young man, while you still can. Eventually we'll all become arm chair adventurers.:Sleeping:

Dan I was close to you location last year. Tyler was my ending spot for the big trip. I went a bit and had stopped in a pancake house to celebrate.....

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Ref which one did you apply for Bronze or Silver. Mine has taken a while ..they waited until I passed or cleared the big ride he emailed me last week he is sending it late this week. They have been very busy and Michael K. has been tied up with his job as well. I am sure it is in the process, but I understand I was just as impatient with my big certification.

Som one said I was too old so .....challenged accepted..
Just the baseline MileEater. I sent this in October....Ira, said he would pass it on to Michael. May have gotten lost in the cutting room floor.:nah:

·
Banned
468 Posts
I would not be too concerned about the delay in the ME certs from IBA. I applied last May (2012) and I have chatted wit people who applied in Feb-2012 and have not received the cert yet.

My big ride this year will probably be four corners but I am not in a hurry. I am going to do a B2B and a 50CC in the process. 10-n-10 would be possible but not for my riding partner. Plus it is hard to get that close to Lynchburg and not stop to pay respects.

I am going to the IBA party in Jacksonville in March so that is a pair of 50CC rides and planning to do the SS1000 while I am there.

I might even try a BBG3000 this year.

Hoping to get 18 rides in 2013.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
I would not be too concerned about the delay in the ME certs from IBA. I applied last May (2012) and I have chatted wit people who applied in Feb-2012 and have not received the cert yet.

My big ride this year will probably be four corners but I am not in a hurry. I am going to do a B2B and a 50CC in the process. 10-n-10 would be possible but not for my riding partner. Plus it is hard to get that close to Lynchburg and not stop to pay respects.

I am going to the IBA party in Jacksonville in March so that is a pair of 50CC rides and planning to do the SS1000 while I am there.

I might even try a BBG3000 this year.

Hoping to get 18 rides in 2013.
This makes me feel better.....

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had dozens of emails to Ira and Mike..they are way behind...not to worry. John is this going to be your first 10/10 ? I am thinking of the 100 ccc but later...San Diego to Jackonsonville and back...then back to Roswell...

·
Banned
468 Posts
I have not done a 10-n-10. I have done a 100ccc (sort of a half 10-n-10). I am ready for 10-n-10 because I have done many, many SS1000 and 3 BBG's. The issue is time. My big ride this summer will be the four corners. No 10-n-10 at same time because riding buddy is not up for it.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know since I started doing IB rides I find them very addicting. After this year I am hoping to bump from silver to gold.... I do not bring the Mrs. on the IB rides. All others she comes along...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts