Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got the 03 and she's looking a bit bare. Where do I start. Just read the how much is to much thread and I don't want to much. Bike is pretty much stock got ring of fire, and chrome covers on front brakes but that's about it.

What should I add next, making a bike payment now so not a lot of extra to spend on the bling so I gotta make it count!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Highway Pegs and Utopia Backrest. Those were my first additions. Since I ride in a group, I added the CB later on.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Backrest first for sure.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
comfort items first

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
+1 on the confort items and then if there is $$ left over I have the trunk rack and rear spoiler with brakeligt which makes the bike look great and adds luggage space and safty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My first additions were Utopia backrest, Highway pegs and rear spoiler and chrome Superbrace.

I think the Missus just confiscated my credit card.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
My first and on was grips. The factory ones are to narrow for me. Then highway pegs...It gets very pricey!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
:confused: John, why add anything at the moment. Ride that puppy for a while......say a couple of months and take another look at that time. All the accessories will still be out there. As someone above mentioned.........think comfort.;)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Best and cheapest add on was Gel Seat Cushion from Wal Mart....No Joke!!!

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
Best and cheapest add on was Gel Seat Cushion from Wal Mart....No Joke!!!
For me it was the foam " Grip Puppies " for $11 delivered to give a little meat to the chicken bone stock grips. Later I found out about the Gel Pad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I totally agree on comfort #1 I've done the pegs and utopia backrest. Pegs are ok :),but the backrest is great.:D Tomorrow I'm doing the Kuryakyn boards. Things are expensive,but with what I spent for a new wing I figure I'll get the good stuff.:p

·
Registered
466 Posts
The BEST add-on bar none for me was the Ultimate King Rider seat!!
Not really a big deal for those who are the size the stock seat was designed for for for us taller guys, it is the difference between 600 miles a day or 200 miles a day! I use to ride a couple hundred miles and my tail end hurt so bad I did not even want to look at the wing. Now I can ride all day and it's like I never even rode!
I can not say enough about proper seat adjustment and comfortable riding. This seat turned my bike into a totally different machine!!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Comfort and Safety first and bling last.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry guys i was a bit mis-leading! I've got a Kury' backrest, grips and highway pegs, chrome luggage rack and Hondaline lighted spoiler, also have the CB already. I think momma and I have came to a mutual agreement that the first big purchase for the girl will be a larger windshield. The stock windshield sucks!!! I'd like the heated grips and seat as I'll ride in about any temp, but not sure if i can retro fit them to the bike. Been lurking here and there to find a way to retro fit heated seat and grips but have not found what i want yet.

To agree with TrikeLady, Momma thinks it needs LED's too. I might start picking up a strip every payday and by the spring should have quite the LED package on the girl.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW Just noticed got replies from OKIES. From NE corner of the state like me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts