Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wing to the local Honda dealer to have new Bridgestones installed. I also had a pack of beads to put in the tires. Service man said, "What the heck are dyna beads. I explained it to him and let him read the pack and he said, "Well I'll be...never heard of those." I've never used them either, thisis the first time. Hope they work as advertised.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hard to bleave that the service guy didn't know what dyna beads were

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I have used dyna beads for about two years now, used them in my VTX and now in my Wing and never had any problem with them,always a smooth ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have new Bridgstones and Dyna Beads installed. Needless to say I couldn't believe how much the ride improved. The next time I need to install beads tho I will do it myself. Honda shop charged me $29 per tire to put the beads in. I learned an expensive lesson.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have never believed in gimmics that make up for poor work. This includes, but not limited to, a mechanic that can't properly ballance a tire.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I did have new Bridgstones and Dyna Beads installed. Needless to say I couldn't believe how much the ride improved. The next time I need to install beads tho I will do it myself. Honda shop charged me $29 per tire to put the beads in. I learned an expensive lesson.
Ouch! Was there a pre-established amount of beads that were put in the tires? I have read that some put 3 oz. in the rear and 2 oz. in the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was 2 three oz. packs in the order with the applicator. I don't know how much the beads help the ride because of the new Bridgestones I installed at the same time. Guess I'll see later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My tire dealer put in 2oz per tire in new Bridgestones--he said that what was called for on the DynaBeads web site for GL1800 tires, front and back. Is that the amount others are using?? And I wondered what the charge was for the new Bridgestones and Beads, that seems to vary so much from one place to another.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put 3oz. In each tire. Bridgestones were 320.00 w shipping from wingstuff. Beads were around 25.00. Honda shop charged 208.00 to install tires and beads. So in all new tires cost me 553.00. Glad I don't have to do that too often. Sure have a good ride tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dynabeads!

I just used the Dynabeads on my 2008 GW today and felt a tremendious difference in my stearing of the bike at low speeds. I also used 41 on my front and rear as recommended by the tire manufacturer as opposed to 36 front and 41 rear recommended by honda. I am going to put the fork brace on hold as feel pretty good with the way the bike feels now

·
Registered
40 Posts
My BL does bike work on the side, mostly sport bikes. He did the last set of tires (Michelin Commanders) on my Venture. I just sold the Venture and the tires were smooth, no cupping and ride great with 9,000 miles on them, new owner will get another 5,000 out of them. I figured that if he's balancing tires that are running 130-160 then I should be good up 100 or so as necessary. I don't know about beads or the other things out there but next spring I'll be getting some new Bridgestones and having Kevin mount & balance them.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I can tell you a funny story about Dynabeads. Fred a gentleman I have known for quite some time and I helped him remove the wheels from a GL1500 so he could change the tires for the customer. He did not know the beads were in the tire and wasn't told by the customer the product was inside the tires. When he removed the tire the beads they went everywhere and we found out that those things are slippery when on the floor and his son who is always engrossed with texting slid on them and landed butt first on the floor. It was funny you had to be there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dynamic Balance

Proper balancing is great if you pull and rebalance every thousand miles. Tires never wear completly even or stay completely balanced. Even brake dust throws then off a little. Dina beads are designed to balance dynamicly from rotation of the tires. My original tires and the E3s both cupped on the front. I put dina beads in the new avons hoping this will not happen again. I won't know if they work for another seven or eight thousand. But hey do make the ride smoother after a few hundred feet. When they have set for a while you can feel them at parking lot speeds for about that long, then very smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts