Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we all know we love to ride and most of the rides are great and we never want it to end, but what was the ride you never want to do again.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
27 miles on interstate 89 Richmond Vt to Waterbury Vt , in a freakish blizzard . Never ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Never had a ride I wouldn't do again. Maybe that's because I don't do that Rolling Thunder type stuff.

Oh wait maybe the Bob Evans run....;););)

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
that would be my detroit to mackinaw on a hodaka wombat 125 ride

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Originally Posted by fossil92
Oh wait maybe the Bob Evans run....
Bob Evans is on my do not do list.
That's only because you'd rather sit & talk.;)

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
That's only because you'd rather sit & talk.;)
If I could get a word in edgewise....... Their food is over salted. It's tailored for the very senior crowd. Just give me the grub and I'll decide how it should taste. Bland works for me.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Torrential Rain:eek:.....Did not enjoy that

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
On my way to Phoenix last year: Going over Deadman's pass, two up, pulling a trailer. Snow was accumulating as we approached the summit, I was riding with my tire in a car track, but my trailer tires were breaking trail. Trucks were passing at 60 plus per hour as I was riding in the slow lane at 30.

My girl friend, said, stop this motorcycle.... I said, if we do, we won't get going again, and besides, this is Deadman's pass.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Well, I think I could say that I'll never take the route down to Sturgis through Saskatoon, Regina and Weyburn again. About the most tedious road I've ever been on. I feel for the Saskatewan peeps that are stuck with it regularly. I believe I experienced one of those "Gazing Moments" that day:eek: If there was a bright side to the ride, the grasshoppers would keep you awake, them suckers hurt!

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
In December 2009 I rode from Jackson, MS to Tallahassee, FL to a friend’s retirement party. I had just bought the Goldwing but decided to ride the Yamaha. The weather man promised temperatures would get to 50 and since I was going south I figured it would be good. It was 32 when I left and never got over 40 all day, cloudy and windy to boot. Ten hours into the ride and two to go and it started to rain. My friend’s house is on a dirt road and the rain turned it to mush. Fortunately it was only three blocks off the highway. I did that whole three blocks at a crawl with both feet walking the bike. She fed me hot coffee and scotch until I got up to just being cold. The retirement party was at a state park and to get there the next day we trailered my bike. I still get grief about that. It was just as cold for the ride home two days later but the sun was out so it was pretty good.

Truthfully, I would do it again. Like Fossil I love all my rides. Plus I just couldn’t miss that retirement party.

·
Registered
198 Posts
...Trucks were passing at 60 plus per hour as I was riding in the slow lane at 30....
It really is a wonder you and your girlfriend are still around with that kind of situation!

I was on a back roads two lane hiway somewhere deep in the bowels of Kentucky, two up, and we got into a sudden rain storm; couldn't see to pull off anywhere; windshield, face shield either covered in water or all fogged up...I mean almost no visibility. I was down to twenty miles an hour desperately looking to pull over and the traffic was piling up behind me. Finally thought the side of the road was wide enough to get off and we just barely had room next to a running ditch that was filling with water by the minute. I was so aggravated for putting my wife in that desperate situation and we were praying like crazy I can tell you!

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
If I could get a word in edgewise....... Their food is over salted. It's tailored for the very senior crowd. Just give me the grub and I'll decide how it should taste. Bland works for me.
And just is wrong with the "senior crowd"????:confused::mad:

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Rode home from Knoxville, TN to NE, PA in 100+ temp on I81 (615 miles). Air felt like an oven blowing on us and you could hear the tar strips squish as you drove over them. Now I know what a turkey (no comments) feels in a convection oven..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Crown.... that was some story... I can really relate to the dirt road; met the sisters and family for a reunion last summer up north of Montreal and we met at Labelle, and then followed one of the cars to the cabin they rented. Now, it was supposed to be a resort and hotel in Labelle, but what they didn't seem to know was that they rented a cabin in the mountains - and never thought about it being motorcycle friendly. We turned off the highway and immediately made another turn onto a big gravel road that extended many miles up and up - narrowing and getting courser in nature until we came to the cabin. It was so dirty, so dusty, following the car and when we arrived they were getting out of the car laughing and wondering how it was; got to say, they will make sure it's a motorcycle friendly place next time I'll bet.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
A 425 mile round trip day ride to Williamsburg and back with Mz. Vickie. Temps. over 100 deg. She suffered a minor case of heat stroke 1/4 of the way back.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Twin Lakes Colorado over Independence Pass to Aspen. No side rails, no center stripe cause its only about 13 feet wide, and drops to 1 lane just over the pass. Its the most butt puckering ride I have ever had and I will never do it again. 2000 foot drop off on one side and sheer mountain granite on the other. Hit either one and your done. I went over it once getting to Aspen and then drove 250 miles out of my way to go around it going back.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts