Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone uses to clean and maintain the leather on their seats and even the finish on your tupperware . I thought it would be helpful to everyone , especially the newbies to gain some helpful information .

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Nu Vinyl on the pleather seat. Shines her right up. Downside: when it rains black steaks from the conditioner run down the side panels. Black Wing owners won't notice this cosmetic problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lucas Slick Mist for the plastic. Also have used the Bike Spirits polish. That stuff works well on bugs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lexol Leather cleaner and then Lexol leather conditioner. Natural nurishment for the leather, and using a separate cleaner and then conditioner is much better for the leather than an all in one product. Also, NOT slick on the seat! Actually a tiny bit sticky till it dries some in about an hour. the 16 oz trigger spray bottles will do your car and bike for years.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Stock seat, so I don't use any leather product. Since the cover is vinyl, believe it or not, I use baby wipes to clean it!
I was given that idea years ago to clean the vinyl seats in my boat. Have been using them on any vinyl seats/trim ever since and they work great!
If you really meant actual leather, good old Saddle Soap always worked for me. McQuires had a leather wipe product that also does an excellent job on real leather

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Stock seat, so I don't use any leather product. Since the cover is vinyl, believe it or not, I use baby wipes to clean it!
I was given that idea years ago to clean the vinyl seats in my boat. Have been using them on any vinyl seats/trim ever since and they work great!
With four grand-kids and two in diapers, I have a few boxes of those around here. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
my seat is valour , soap and water to clean it. for the rest of the bike meguires car wash and spray wax. i use s100 sometimes but it will strip the wax off

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Pledge and Armor-all. I'm a simple man

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Dawn dishwashing liquid and mama's old sponge.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Good old dish soap and warm water for washing. Honda Spray polish or Meguiars Gold Class for polishing/detailing. Pledge or Plexus on the windscreen. I have a wheel cleaner for the rims (I can never remember the name of that stuff:eek:) that does a great job on them. I never use a tire dressing on the sidewalls anymore.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Hot water to get the bugs off, Mr Clean carwash kit, shop vac for drying, Corbin seat cream stuff and Plexus for quick clean and shining up any plastics (it's like haveing rainx on the windshield and planels)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pledge on everything. I have the Ultimate seats back, front, and backrest... and they all get wiped down with the same cloth that is used for the motorcycle. I do keep a cover on the motorcycle when I am not riding it so that helps as well.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I just use a damp cloth on my stock seat and always park it in the garage.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Lees or Levis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts