Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok give me anything that you never forget or always forget for a 14 day ride. I have all the clothes I will need, 1 set for the first week and another for the second:D, I fell sorry for my riding buddy. But anything you have lets have it I may have forgot even with this in the planning stage for seven months. O I have never left my bike at home, maybe my bank card but never my bike.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Beer and a tooth brush

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
Lots of water.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We always take cash and credit cards. That way if you forget anything, you can buy it. Seriously, though, take at least two credit cards. I left on a three week trip, and the second day into it my credit card company suspended use because of the many times I used it at different places. I had called them and told them about the trip, but the security division had not yet received the information. The second card and cash kept me going until I could get the first one straightened out.

Michaelj

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Don't forget your safety equipment, first aid kit, a can of fix-a-flat, spare headlight bulb and basic tools.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Here are a few that haven't been mentioned...
1. Pledge Multipurpose to clean window.
2. A towel to wipe the bike off.
3. Rain gear
4. Tire Plug Kit
5. Duct Tape
6. Take some easy to get to cash for toll's.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pack everything but your expectations.
I expect nothing and everything, all I know is I do not have to be at work for 17 days, to be on my bike for 14 day and to see things that I have never and some that I have seen and the big 1 is to show my good friend Tony I hope the best time EVERY.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few that haven't been mentioned...
1. Pledge Multipurpose to clean window.
2. A towel to wipe the bike off.
3. Rain gear
4. Tire Plug Kit
5. Duct Tape
6. Take some easy to get to cash for toll's.
Thanks I did forget duct tape, with it I can do all most anything.:D

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beer and a tooth brush
If I only had time to get to your store. that is 1 thing I love to do when I get to my night spot is to try the local beers, good micros and a good night sleep.

·
Registered
91 Posts
O.K. Now I'm jealous lol...Clear and sunglasses, chaps, bandana, do-rag, sun block, gloves, ball cap. Don't forget the cell phone chargers either. Every one else covered the other essentials. Looks like I have to postpone my ride till further notice. Identity thieves got my card number and did a good job of cleaning out my account before the bank could stop it so I'm temporarily screwed. Have a great ride watch the cagers....

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I try to take water and I better drink it all day in that dry heat out west.
I take a big cup (with cup holder) and get ice water at every stop. If you have your own cup, stores will let you get ice water for free. At least they did me. I have a 2 ft. piece of clear tube from Lowes and run it to my helmet and use it like a camelback to drink while I'm rolling.

One point that Rapier made was: When you drink from the tube...be sure to blow the water back in so it doesn't get hot sitting in the line.

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
I have the Rivco rack mounted .....I keep it filled with drinks & snacks! These come in very handy & do not take up space.....Tie Wraps

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I picked up a new memory card for tha camera and I hope to be posting when I get back, and I love to snack.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
We always take cash and credit cards. That way if you forget anything, you can buy it. Seriously, though, take at least two credit cards. I left on a three week trip, and the second day into it my credit card company suspended use because of the many times I used it at different places. I had called them and told them about the trip, but the security division had not yet received the information. The second card and cash kept me going until I could get the first one straightened out.

Michaelj
Yepper that can happen so the solution is to call your credit card company and your gas card company way in advance and have them keep your credit rolling for the trip. Nothing like being rejected at the pump or at the motel....Don't ask me how I know....

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
We have a carrier that fits into the reciever hitch on the bike, got a cooler that fits we keep water and ice for our Butler cups. Drink plenty of water.

·
Administrator
15,296 Posts
Camera, otherwise the trip never happened.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Side arm and extra mag
Back up side arm
Two different holsters
Knives
Tools
Phone Charger
AMA Card
NRA Card
AAA Card
AARP Card
"Government ID :D" Ask EFINREF!
Pack your plan and then realize that your plan is going to be the back up plan.
Hey we ride Honda's because we dont want to worry about bailing wire and ten penny nails and Duct Tape. However like another member has stated leave your expectations so having tools and bailing wire and duct tape might be a great idea.

A good time will be with ya.. Have a great trip!!

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Side arm and extra mag
Back up side arm
Two different holsters
Knives
Tools
Phone Charger
AMA Card
NRA Card
AAA Card
AARP Card
"Government ID :D" Ask EFINREF!
Pack your plan and then realize that your plan is going to be the back up plan.
Hey we ride Honda's because we dont want to worry about bailing wire and ten penny nails and Duct Tape. However like another member has stated leave your expectations so having tools and bailing wire and duct tape might be a great idea.

A good time will be with ya.. Have a great trip!!
Rambo on the road and ready to ride and you never want to forget your cards, AMA,NRA,AAA,AARP, I think my government ID ran out in the 80s, but you know the government nevers forgets.:eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts