Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you move back to a town of 5,000 that your family has called home for over 120 years,
If your 85 year old aunt asks you to help decorate the final resting place for the family on Memorial day, RUN! 92 deg with a 35 mph wind blowing and humiditry of 12 %. I feel like cr**. I forgot how fast you can dehydrate and not realize it. After decorating over 100 graves I was beat. Remember this when riding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great reminder, Lonewolftx. I bought a great water bottle to use on my Wing trips and have left it at home in the freezer everytime. Oh well, maybe this will aid an old guy to remember. Then, maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
You may feel like cr**, but what you did for her is priceless. So many forget to honor those who have passed. My Mom is going to be 96 and twice a year we go and decorate the graves of family members. I guess since I'm the only child that will fall to me when she's gone. Hopefully when that happens I can do as good a job as she has all these years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is that the Rolling Thunder chapter from TN? My neighbor is a member, the few of them that i know are good people. They do charities & rides for causes. This weekend they rode to DC to remind America of the POW/MIA's still in Nam.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may feel like cr**, but what you did for her is priceless. So many forget to honor those who have passed. My Mom is going to be 96 and twice a year we go and decorate the graves of family members. I guess since I'm the only child that will fall to me when she's gone. Hopefully when that happens I can do as good a job as she has all these years.
The day befor I mowed dads 5 acre yard, Today I will be decorating some in Burlington co, and repairing my Aunts fence. Monday we move into the house in Brewster Ks, and on and on. Honestly, That is why I moved back home and I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts