Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going to buy a tire changer and balancer for a couple of years.I,ve been looking at the CYCLE HILL model with the balancer and after watching the video and reading the reviews it looks like a good choice for the money.If you have used this tire changer and balancer on your gl1800 reply and let me know how what you think of it. THANKS NW

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
That's something I never even thought of. Are you going through Fountain Tire to get it or where? Price is right and looks like it isn't too intimidating. Would sure save me alot of hassle as we don't have a m/c street tire certified tech at our shop or any of the local tire shops either. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wayne,
I have a similiar tire changer, and if you have never watched someone change a rear goldwing tire on a manual changer, it is no easy task. The goldwing tire is very very stiff and requires a good technique and strong arms and proper tools to avoid scratching your rim. I would say its really a 2 man job on a manual changer. I would rather find a good used non-manual changer if possible. The Parnes balancer is good price and works perfect, just take your time with it and you can balance them on a nats azz.
Greg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to order it through the cycle hill tire changer site on line .I changed lots of tires on my other bikes with regular tire irons (bars) and didn,t have any problems.Go to the site and watch the video,it looks pretty straight forward to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey greg i just want something simple to change a few ties for myself and maybe a few of my buddies but its mostly for myself.I live about 2 hrs from a m/c shop and by the time i drive in and get a tire changed and balanced it,s a 100 dollar bill.You don,t have to change to many of your own tires and you,ll have your money back for the tire changer.The cycle hill looks like it has all the gear to prevent you from rim scratching.I say once you get the knack of using it it,ll be ok

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the No-Mar brand over the cycle hill model, they are made here in St Louis. Make sure you use the wood wedges and the No-Mar lube helps too. Im not saying its impossible to do, but the videos make it look simple. check out this balancer.

www.marcparnes.com

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts