Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppls, how do i tell what model goldwing i have
The only thing i know is it is a gl1500 1988. I am wanting to buy carby rebuild kits but not sure on what to order.
Cheers Rob

·
Registered
718 Posts
The models are trim levels, addition of cb., two tone paint, Adjustable windshield and such. Shouldn't have a problem ordering carb kits, just make sure the year is correct. I think the trim levels available in 1988 were Interstate and Aspencade. The title may help, should list model as GL1500i or GL1500a

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Actually the SE didn't arrive until '90 & the Interstate didn't come along until '91 when the original model became the Aspencade. There was only one Model in '88 & '89 - GL1500.
+1 on that. :)

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
You durn East Side guys sure make it hard to keep up with the speed of things.
I could say I knew that and would have answered but that would be just soooo lame:rolleyes::p:D

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
You durn East Side guys sure make it hard to keep up with the speed of things.
I could say I knew that and would have answered but that would be just soooo lame:rolleyes::p:D
You should know it.;) Besides you get the late night (for me anyway) stuff to answer.:p

·
Registered
652 Posts
Good thing about the 88 and 89 is that they pretty much came with all the options of the later top of the line SE model.The only thing missing was a CB and adjustable pass. foot rests.

To the best of my knowledge.....that's the best of my knowledge!

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
The owners manual has GL1500, se & Aspencade, also GL1500 SE / GL1500 A. Could all these models have the same carbies on them?
Cheers Rob

Rob, My gut feeling is that somone swapped out the Owners Manual for a different year since those Models weren't even around in '88.

If you look at the link I posted earlier that gives you all Models by year & if you check all the breakdowns you should be able to see if they are the same parts.

Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.