Votes: 30 14.9%
  • GL1800 2001-2017

Votes: 105 52.0%
  • GL1800 2018 and up.

Votes: 45 22.3%
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
65 Posts
I used to ride a '75 GL1000. I've already mentioned it several times now elsewhere, so I won't repeat myself, except to say that if anyone is looking for parts, or a restoration project, I really have to part with it. And, after some thirty years without a working motorcycle of any kind, I finally bought a '96 GL1500 Interstate...and, as crownfire says, it's the fastest color, too!

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Last month I ride my 2010 to the dealer to check into new tires. I did get new tires, but they are attached to this 2021 tour model. Fastest color too!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1996 Honda GoldWing Interstate, Candy Spectra Red, and of course, with drive shaft.
65 Posts
Last month I ride my 2010 to the dealer to check into new tires. I did get new tires, but they are attached to this 2021 tour model. Fastest color too!
View attachment 277537
Like I said, I'm kinda partial to mine, but Honda really has adopted a real futuristic look these days...a very attractive machine! Ride in good health!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
I used to ride a '75 GL1000. I've already mentioned it several times now elsewhere, so I won't repeat myself, except to say that if anyone is looking for parts, or a restoration project, I really have to part with it. And, after some thirty years without a working motorcycle of any kind, I finally bought a '96 GL1500 Interstate...and, as crownfire says, it's the fastest color, too!

View attachment 277525
View attachment 277537
You really have to be careful of who you listen to on the internet. Some people will lead you astray. This is the fast color.:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very nice bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've owned a 2004 Wing, a 2007 and recently totaled a 2018 base model. To replace it, my dealer had a 2020 Goldwing Tour model manual shift, no airbag, red and black which I brought home just yesterday. There are several options this one has that my '18 base model didn't have as standard equipment, and last night I was reading the owners manual, setting up various things, and "playing" with the buttons.
What I'm confused about is in the manual and on the Honda website it talks about the different "trim" and options on the various models. They list a B, BD, D, and DA models. On my bill of sale it lists mine as a GL1800L and on the application for title it is referred to as a GL1. Nowhere have I found those designations. The only problem with that is in the manual the various "models" differ in weight, load, and a few other small things. I know this one is loaded with options with the exception of some things the airbag model has, and I know it's not the B or BD. Since the DA is the airbag model, I have to assume I have the D. Just wondering why that wouldn't be on the title app and bill of sale instead of L or 1 which I've not found anywhere. No pics yet, but I'll post as soon as I take some...........Ride 'em or sell 'em.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've owned a 2004 Wing, a 2007 and recently totaled a 2018 base model. To replace it, my dealer had a 2020 Goldwing Tour model manual shift, no airbag, red and black which I brought home just yesterday. There are several options this one has that my '18 base model didn't have as standard equipment, and last night I was reading the owners manual, setting up various things, and "playing" with the buttons.
What I'm confused about is in the manual and on the Honda website it talks about the different "trim" and options on the various models. They list a B, BD, D, and DA models. On my bill of sale it lists mine as a GL1800L and on the application for title it is referred to as a GL1. Nowhere have I found those designations. The only problem with that is in the manual the various "models" differ in weight, load, and a few other small things. I know this one is loaded with options with the exception of some things the airbag model has, and I know it's not the B or BD. Since the DA is the airbag model, I have to assume I have the D. Just wondering why that wouldn't be on the title app and bill of sale instead of L or 1 which I've not found anywhere. No pics yet, but I'll post as soon as I take some...........Ride 'em or sell 'em.
Really sorry to hear of the total...since you don't mention it, apparently you got to walk away unscathed? Sounds like a typical GoldWing accident, though, I've dropped my '75 twice, and while it wasn't totaled, all I had to show for it was some road rash and, in once case, a ripped suit (as in business suit....yeah, I commuted in style. Anyway, like I said, glad to see you're none the worse for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really sorry to hear of the total...since you don't mention it, apparently you got to walk away unscathed? Sounds like a typical GoldWing accident, though, I've dropped my '75 twice, and while it wasn't totaled, all I had to show for it was some road rash and, in once case, a ripped suit (as in business suit....yeah, I commuted in style. Anyway, like I said, glad to see you're none the worse for it.
I had 3 broken ribs, a banged up knee and some road rash. Coming along nicely. Should be back in the wind in a couple more weeks UNLESS the knee ends up requiring surgery. Aggravated an old injury sustained from jumping out of perfectly good airplanes and underwater welding work. We'll see, but feeling pretty chipper for an old toot right now...... Ride 'em or sell 'em............

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had 3 broken ribs, a banged up knee and some road rash. Coming along nicely. Should be back in the wind in a couple more weeks UNLESS the knee ends up requiring surgery. Aggravated an old injury sustained from jumping out of perfectly good airplanes and underwater welding work. We'll see, but feeling pretty chipper for an old toot right now...... Ride 'em or sell 'em............
Well, all the more, then...maybe not unscathed, but still here to get back on one again. May you recover quickly!

Reactions: Snakebite
81 - 96 of 96 Posts