• GL1800 2001-2017

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • GL1800 2018 and up.

Votes: 25 22.3%
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Sorry for posting this pic 3 times. Obviously I don’t know what I’m doin and how do I delete 2 or the duplicates?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Too late. Now that they're on the interwebs, they can never be unseen again,...! :oops:

Just kidding - click on the three vertical dots on that post, select "Edit", and then click on and delete two of the photos, or click after the last photo, and press backspace as many times as it takes to get rid of two of them.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Too late. Now that they're on the interwebs, they can never be unseen again,...! :oops:

Just kidding - click on the three vertical dots on that post, select "Edit", and then click on and delete two of the photos, or click after the last photo, and press backspace as many times as it takes to get rid of two of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had an '80 GL1100 for 22 years, first new vehicle I ever bought. Now have a new-to-me '06 GL1800 Champion trike. Yes, there were bikes between then and now. A 2002 BMW R1200R for 4 years and an '05 ST1300 I currently still ride.
I have had a 82 ,,,75 ,,78 and 77 through the years and built repaired and sold a dozen more old gold wings when the 1500 came along they were over my pay scale and i can do very little to them ..

·
Registered
274 Posts
I be reluctant on the reliability of this survey since most 2018+ owners are not on this board for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I be reluctant on the reliability of this survey since most 2018+ owners are not on this board for obvious reasons.
What?! Next you'll be trying to tell me that political polls are inaccurate. ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
What?! Next you'll be trying to tell me that political polls are inaccurate. ;)
I am not trying to tell you anything brother. But political polls are typically conducted by statisticians and they usually provide the a statistical margin of error probability...if not they were conducted by wackos

Reactions: JKWinger

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
OK, I'm new. What's the deal with 2018+?
There is no deal.....

The 2018 and newer bikes are just an entirely new machine/platform. That includes styling, chassis, engine, and electonics.

Whatever that poster's reasoning was has very little merit.

The bike is an amazing machine, and there are many members here who own one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is no deal.....

The 2018 and newer bikes are just an entirely new machine/platform. That includes styling, chassis, engine, and electonics.

Whatever that poster's reasoning was has very little merit.

The bike is an amazing machine, and there are many members here who own one.
Thanks. So basically "sour grapes " for whatever reason.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2007 Premium Audio in Silver. Had a ‘95 1500 SE in blue. Wow, amazing the difference in the two bikes! Love the 1800.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2000 Aspencade Black ... I just like the body style of the 1500 vs the 1800
I really liked the 1500 too. But the 1800 has spoiled me. However, I am not really a fan of the newer ones (2018-2020). Seem a good bit narrower especially at the fairing and windshield. I personally like changing gears: I have an “automatic” quad and don’t really like it too much. Can’t imagine that in a full blown touring bike. Just personal preference, I’m sure they are great for those that like them.

Reactions: JKWinger

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whatever you ride if it is a wing it will your second love ( wife or husband better be the first for your health and happiness). Just get your better half and ride, enjoy life.😉👍

·
Registered
374 Posts
I really liked the 1500 too. But the 1800 has spoiled me. However, I am not really a fan of the newer ones (2018-2020). Seem a good bit narrower especially at the fairing and windshield. I personally like changing gears: I have an “automatic” quad and don’t really like it too much. Can’t imagine that in a full blown touring bike. Just personal preference, I’m sure they are great for those that like them.
Not all 2018+ bikes are DCT (automatic), some are still the good ol' "stick-shift".

41 - 60 of 66 Posts