Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to the Goldwing. I have a 2000 GL1500SE and under the left side fairing pocket, along with the wiring for the CB, there is an unused, green 2 pin connector. Does anyone know if this is an Accessory plug or if not, what it may be for?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF barneyfc, can't answer that one but green wire for hondas are "hot"

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I had a 98 Gl1500 SE, but I never came across that wire. Then again I didn't do too much maint. on that bike by myself. If you search on this forum, the internet or other Goldwing sites you may be able to find wiring diagrams for your bike. That should tell you what the wire is for. Hope you get an answer. Sorry I can't help beyond that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mmmmmm, I need to differ with Det. green on hondas is Ground....rarely is it hot. as for the connector, look for the wiring book online..... I think its in Goldwingdocs.com.... good luck...

capn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 GW as well and just had this pocket out. I believe the green connector has a green and brown wire running to it? Mine is connected to the optional fairing side light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got an '08 so I'm not sure if it's all set up the same way or not, but I just installed a power plug in the pocket and there was an open white connector for that. I would imagine it is just an accessory plug for whatever powered accessory you would want to install.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... On My 85 1200 Ltd Has That Plug And I Used It For Aux. Power Supply For My Gps And Marine Radio ... It's Fun Driving The Oregon Coast And Being Able To Listen And Chat To The Fishing Boats / Coast Guard ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would check under the pocket on the other side of the fairing. I believe I used a green plug when I installed the fairing side lights on my 99 Aspencade and there was one on each side of the fairing under the pockets. Good luck.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts