Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend knows I have a 2010 GL1800, and was asking what I thought of the F6B:

There are several things I don't like. I like a full windshield. (I see there is one available as an option, but are they interchangable?)

The bags look bigger than mine. I bet you could carry a good bit. My trunk holds a lot though, and I have used it a lot. I would miss it.
Do you have to get the deluxe version to get a center stand? Self cancelling turn signals? and heated grips? These are standard on the base model GL1800. or at least there were in 2010.

I can't find anywhere that it has available:
Heated seats
Cruise Control
Are these features as an option? or standard?. I like my heated seats, and it will be real hard to ever go without electronic cruise control. Does it have ABS?

I like the look, but another thing I would want is different gearing than mine. Maybe a firmer suspension. (I put a kit on the front forks on mine) Make it more like a sport touring for better cornering. One of the things I don't like about mine, is it could use another gear too. The RPM's are too high at interstate speeds. I think they do that for adeaquate cooling and lubrication when towing. Top end is barely 120mph, and at that speed it feels like it is about to explode. If you want to go above 90mph at all, I feel like I am hurting it. I know, I am too old to want to go fast, but when I get the desire, I wish it was there. I guess I was spoiled by the 2003 & 2006 FJR's. (Bikes I had before the wing, but I am happy. The wing is SOOO comfortable! I wouldn't go back!:cool:)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The center stand is available as an accessory add-on if you opt for the base (black) model. The taller windscreen is also optional on both. Deluxe comes with the center stand, self cancelling signals and heated grips, along with teh passenger backrest. Cruise and reverse are not offered or optional. Premium sound is on both. The optional windscreen is also fixed and non adjustable. The bags are the same volume as the 2012 and 2013 full dress Wings. Reverse (or lack thereof) shouldn't change many buyers minds on the F6B, but as the competition all have cruise on their offerings that's a big oops IMO. With the weight reduction teh F6B should handle superbly and the engine will really shine with less load to pull, not that the full dressed bike needs more oomph really. You might find an aftermarket electronic cruise system (there's one for ST1300's that I almost went for) that would work, same with a seat heater. Still no pricing available on any of the accoessories Honda lists yet either.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
If the mounting points for the center stand are on the frame, a trike take off can fill the bill.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
The F6B was a big hit at eh Edmonton show last weekend. There were (predicably) some nay-sayers but overall very well liked. Biggest issue is the lack of cruise control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.