Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what the turning radius in feet is on a GL1500?

I have a extra tall windshield which interfers with the turning radius but I would still like to know what the radius in feet is on a stock bike.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
455 Posts
I want to know what the turning radius in feet is on a GL1500?

I have a extra tall windshield which interfers with the turning radius but I would still like to know what the radius in feet is on a stock bike.

Thanks Dan
Not sure about the exact numbers, but, on a good day I can do a "U" turn on a 20' wide paved roadway without any problem. On other days I need to at least circle the barn before starting out. :eek:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have a extra tall windshield which interferes with the turning radius Thanks Dan
No help on the actual turning radius, sorry. I could make a U-turn on a normal width 2-lane street with room left over!
But, I am concerned and inquisitive about your statement. What "interferes" that prevents you from turning the handle bars lock to lock? I had a Tulsa Tall on my 2000SE and had no interferences.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like dawg said I have no problem turning my 94 Aspencade on a two lane road. I never have to put the feet down just use the bake brake and gas. :)
Jim

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have the J&M CB mounted above the left handlebar and can't turn to bottom on a right hand turn. The first time I did that I broke off the on/off knob so I now have to be careful on a right hand turn. That is an aggravation. I thought about taking my dremel tool and cutting a slot in the windshield but haven't done it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts