Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GL1800 that the sheild was replaced with a tall one and is ok adjusted all the way down (so I can see over it) but it is really scratched up and I need a vent as the bike is really hot when we ride it. I put the show chrome lower wings on it to deflect some of the radiator heat away from me but it is still very hot so I think the vent might help it out. Who has the best vent funtion, quality and scratch resistance out there and I don't care what it costs.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
F4 vented, height is your choice
Baker upper/lower air wings w/the uppers open directing air onto you. Lowers closed to deflect hot air away.
Baker Mirror Wings open to direct air onto you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had seen the link above and was interested in it but wanted to hear if someone else had it and liked it. I am one of those who needs to do a lot of research before I buy something so I can try to get it right the first time.

I will try the wings as well and should have posted here before buying the show chrome lower wings. Our Honda dealer put out a bunch of coupons for a new grand opening and I got them 1/2 off so I thought it would help more than it did and it was the only ones in stock. Now the way they stick out, I have to reposition the highway footboards so my knees don't keep hitting them.

I am just suprised how hot the thing is riding during the day but it is really cool at night. The down side of riding at night is where we live, the bugs are enough to knock you off the bike!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I just put on a F4 at Americade a couple of weeks ago. We were riding in the rain for a good part of the week and so far I'm happy with it. A couple of buddys put them on there 1800 last year and are happy with them. I went with the regular size with a vent for the heat.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
stock oem honda vented with honda oem vent is all i use.i tried memphis shade once and it was very poor quality! you can find new oem honda windshields on ebay for good prices (they retail for $249.00) also get a full mesh jacket,you will be alot cooler in the hot sun with one on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts