Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on the my latest IBA ride, I saw some really cool things.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1. Windfarms - Absolutely awesome....They remind of something out of Star Wars.
2. Farm Houses - One reason I don't get bored riding the Interstate on the Plains is the awesome farms and the houses that sit in the middle of them. My imagination goes wild.
3. A crop duster - This one flew right over me.....I thought it was crashing. Haven't seen a crop duster since I was a kid.
4. Storm Clouds - They are so well defined. I was lucky to avoid most of them, but you see them from hundred of miles away.
5. Royals Stadium - We rode by just before the game started. The Interstate runs right beside it. It is a gorgeous stadium....no wonder they played the All Star Game there one weekend earlier.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Cool Stuff Ref. Be sure to bring your camera to Pa.;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
thats the first outside shot I ever saw of the royals stadium, that looks serious cool. really nice. the storm clouds. I think I rode through that today. omg!!! lightning abound, it was just plain nasty and I hadnt ridden in anything of the like in sometime, but careful and no problem. everyone was cool. looks like a great ride man, very envious.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey, I see your little colored in utopia of visits, all over the SE but not SC., whatsamatta you? there is some great ridin here. (just teasin).

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
That picture of the rain storms is wild , thanks for sharing Phill

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, I see your little colored in utopia of visits, all over the SE but not SC., whatsamatta you? there is some great ridin here. (just teasin).
Thats a sore spot Bob....In April we were at Deals Gap and rode the Moonshiner 28. My intentions were to ride to SC and head back, but time got away and we turned back about 50 miles short.:(
Don't worry I WILL make a trip out there.:)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Looks like you saw some awesome sights. We have a ton of those wind turbines between Austin and where I work. They are something else. I was on my way home from work one day, and they were puting one up, I had to stop and see how it was done. Simply amazing! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You passed right by me, that view could be from one of the hotels where I work, home for me is up the interstate at MM20! Hope you enjoyed your paas through the city of fountains.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You passed right by me, that view could be from one of the hotels where I work, home for me is up the interstate at MM20! Hope you enjoyed your paas through the city of fountains.
Oh lord...No Offense, but.... I have seen way too much of the The Show Me State in the last couple months.
Seemed like it took forever to get to the Arkansas line.
Honestly though the folks in Missouri were extremely nice....We stayed at a Super 8 in Higginsville. I recommend it highly:)

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A lot of posted pics are plain boring. Not the case with these ones.Good job Phill (if thats your real name lol)
Just to clear something up.....Didn't mean to misrepresent....
When you are trying to keep the pace we were....There is no time to snap a photo safely.
Fortunately someone else took these and I borrowed them. I did see these things but DID NOT stop and take the pics.:eek::eek:

Also....you caught me Phill isn't my real name:eek:
Its simply Phil.....I could only wish it were Phill. That is much sexier

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Wait your name is not Phill it's just Phil? Well this changes things between me and you now , PM sent Phil , if that's your real name

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Great pictures Simply. Look forward to meeting and riding with you one day.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait your name is not Phill it's just Phil? Well this changes things between me and you now , PM sent Phil , if that's your real name
What the "L"......I know being just plain Phil doesn't make me half the man that Phill would. I don't even know who I am any more.....

Oh yeah....PM sent

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know where you're coming from with the wind turbines, I was awestruck with the fields of them near VanWert, Oh on our way to Wing Ding this year. Sometimes it makes one think, 'is it worth it', 'are heading in the right direction' and 'could we have done it better'.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Oh lord...No Offense, but.... I have seen way too much of the The Show Me State in the last couple months.
Seemed like it took forever to get to the Arkansas line.
Honestly though the folks in Missouri were extremely nice....We stayed at a Super 8 in Higginsville. I recommend it highly:)
Maybe next year we can do the florida to artic circel run for the IBA...a little over 5000 miles so five days...there...I would say June for maximum day light .....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts