Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. That canister found in the fairing pocket was part of an obnoxiously loud air horn system - thanks to Trike Lady and Ron Robertson for steering me right on this one

2. I have a coolly located LED volt meter – on all the time

3. The golden eagle medallion was actually a Harley piece – since removed

4. There appears to be a seat warmer – probably never to be used

5. Still one unidentified potentiometer – something to do with the radio maybe?

6. The tachometer behaves erratically – I remember cantankerous posting this behavior may be linked to a coolant issue

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I'm seriously potentiometerily challenged. What on God's green Earth is that?
That eagle emblem is fairly common on a lot of older Wings and accessories, not just exclusively belonging to HD. The Drag Specialties chrome engine covers had them right out of the package (fitment GL1100/1200) and I think it was Big Bike Parts sold them individually.

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
The 'pot' is probably the control for the seat warmer. I love the location of the voltmeter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two pots or “potentiometers”. Budoka, pots are used to control electrical stuff like volume or seat heat. Cantankerous is correct the one on the left controls the seat heat. The one on the right … ?

BTW that HD eagle is gone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Question on number 2: LED voltmeter on all the time. Can we assume that it is On when the key is On and Off when the key is Off.
And not on when the key is off.( On all the time). If it is the later, this is not a good idea. Even though LED's have a very low current draw over a period of time when added to the memory in the clock and radio settings it adds up and helps draw the battery down if left to set for a long time with out a battery tender.. It should be hooked to a switched circuit such as the Assceeory terminals at the top of the fuse block located under the left side panel.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I have two pots or “potentiometers”. Budoka, pots are used to control electrical stuff like volume or seat heat. Cantankerous is correct the one on the left controls the seat heat. The one on the right … ?

BTW that HD eagle is gone.
The Pot on the right probably is the volume control for the passenger head set. If it is next to the passenger seat. Or the controler for the heat for the passenger seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ron, the person who sold me the bike said the LEDs drew so little current that leaving it on all the time did no hard. However, I agree with you, and plan to reconnect it to a switchable location.

I am still trying to work my way through all the plastic to find where all the wires go.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Ron, the person who sold me the bike said the LEDs drew so little current that leaving it on all the time did no hard. However, I agree with you, and plan to reconnect it to a switchable location.

I am still trying to work my way through all the plastic to find where all the wires go.
Living in Florida, you get to ride year round, almost every day, so the current drain may not be an issue, but the LEDs being constantly On I would think would shorten the life of the lights ????.
May not be an issue, I'm just not a Big Fan of leaving things turned on when I'm not riding.
If you do any wood working look up my post in the Lounge on the Voltmeter mount I made for my 93.
Ride Safe

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Even with zero draw on a m/c battery they will lose up to 1% of their charge per day of sitting still. That's why I use an Optimate on mine.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Keep the air horn in place it's great for waking up distracted drivers.
The PO of my Wing put one on it and I like it better than the OEM tooters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts