Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I find sometimes that it's easier to ask what doesn't work rather than what does work on our Gold Wings with some of these new headsets.

I was reading an ad in my Rider magazine about the Sena SR10 wireless Bluetooth headset and it's not completely clear to me what will not work with the stock system on my 2012 Gold Wing.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/sr10.php?tab_menu=overview

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My understanding is that it will not currently work, by itself, with the GW cb radio. Have a read through this thread on Sena's website:

http://support.senabluetooth.com/entries/20845262

I have a Sena SM10 to stream stereo to my headsets, but currently don't have a CB. If BikeMP3 comes out with the interface between the SM10 and SR10/GW radio, I might consider buying it and a radio. It all seems like a big investment though: CB,SM10,SR10,BikeMP3 Interface. I wish Sena hadn't dropped the ball - it would have been great if they'd come out with an all in one solution.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My understanding is that it will not currently work, by itself, with the GW cb radio. Have a read through this thread on Sena's website:

http://support.senabluetooth.com/entries/20845262

I have a Sena SM10 to stream stereo to my headsets, but currently don't have a CB. If BikeMP3 comes out with the interface between the SM10 and SR10/GW radio, I might consider buying it and a radio. It all seems like a big investment though: CB,SM10,SR10,BikeMP3 Interface. I wish Sena hadn't dropped the ball - it would have been great if they'd come out with an all in one solution.
That's exactly what I was wondering. In the description it refers to it as "a Bluetooth Two-way Radio adapter." In my understanding, that's the CB radio. I wonder if they do that to intentionally mislead people.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That's exactly what I was wondering. In the description it refers to it as "a Bluetooth Two-way Radio adapter." In my understanding, that's the CB radio. I wonder if they do that to intentionally mislead people.
Don't get me wrong, I think it will work with an aftermarket (non GW) CB radio - Motorolla or whatever - plugged into it, or an FRS radio. I just don't think it works as-is with the GW radio.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get me wrong, I think it will work with an aftermarket (non GW) CB radio - Motorolla or whatever - plugged into it, or an FRS radio. I just don't think it works as-is with the GW radio.
I think you're right. It seems they would know that one of the question Gold Wing owners would have is to know if it would work with the Honda CB radio system.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Maybe try calling their tech people & discuss it. I'm sure they would be able to answer the question.

·
Registered
64 Posts
BIG fan

Big fan of SENA SMH10's. it works great with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and my wife's iPhone 4. The Tunein radio and Sirius radio apps on my phone play through my SENA speakers perfectly. That means i can listen to almost any radio station in the U.S. pretty much anywhere with no fading, static, etc. Of course there needs to be cell service. I don't use the Goldwing's radio, etc. at all. Don't have a CB, though.

One thing I did do was upgrade the speakers on my SENA to Tork X-Pro's. I'm an audio nut and was looking for sound that came closer to a good pair of earphones. AWESOME but I digress...

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bike MP3 is working on a device. There are two conversation going on in that thread. See Pedro66 posts ( Bike MP3 owner ). Something is in the works over there.
Oh ok! I didn't read it all. I'm only interested if the Sena SR-10 would work with the Gold Wing CB radio. But I'm fairly sure it will not.

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
Oh ok! I didn't read it all. I'm only interested if the Sena SR-10 would work with the Gold Wing CB radio. But I'm fairly sure it will not.
If Bike MP3 has their way it will in the near future. I'm a Scala Rider. Luckily I don't have CB because I haven't heard or read anything regarding Scala and CB compatibility. Keep your eye on that link.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If Bike MP3 has their way it will in the near future. I'm a Scala Rider. Luckily I don't have CB because I haven't heard or read anything regarding Scala and CB compatibility. Keep your eye on that link.
I think it's going to be difficult for anyone to have a wireless headset that will work with an OEM CB radio. There would have to be some sort of wireless remote transmitter mounted on the helmet and a receiver interface plugged into the CB radio system.

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
I think it's going to be difficult for anyone to have a wireless headset that will work with an OEM CB radio. There would have to be some sort of wireless remote transmitter mounted on the helmet and a receiver interface plugged into the CB radio system.
Had a interesting ride experience last year regarding CB's and wireless headsets. Three of the riders had CB's. I was linked to one of the riders via Scala. Of course he couldn't use the CB because he was connected to me. He did , however, pipe the conversation between the other CB riders through his bike's external speakers. I could hear the conversation between the other two. After a few hand jesters from me regarding their remarks they figured it out that their conversation wasn't just between the two of them.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Oh ye of little faith, Lol. Pete'll make it work! At least from what I've heard of him.

Kerry, sent from my Galaxy Note 2
using the Motorcycle. com app.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.