Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you use to polish and wax your bike?

9K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  Burnerboy 
#1 ·
If any of you are like me. I love a shinny bike. I'm curious what you use on your bike. I've taken pics of the chemicals I use on my bike listed below. I have found the Kit Scratch Out, to work the best to take care of very small scratches. It also greatly enhances the color. For deeper scratches, I use the Turtle Wax Polishing compound, along with a high speed buffer. Then I wax with Turtle Wax. Between waxings, I use two products from Meguiars, a spray on wax and a cleaner detailer. My bike is almost 20 years old, and still looks brand new.

See less See more
#3 ·
I use the Mequiar's Quick Wax......... first washed with Turtle car wash
I use the Quick Wax after every wash job on all our vehicles........ no spots that way
works great on the windshields of everything too

#7 ·
Try Turtle wax Ice the easiest and longest lasting also they have a special wax for black vehicles, my wife has a black Jeep the black wax from Turtle Wax is unbelievable makes the paint better than new.

Reactions: Maui and Luv2fish
#14 ·
I use Liquid Glass. It goes on easy and cleans off with a nice, long lasting finish. I usually do it once a year for a good spring cleaning. Then just wash it occasionally to keep the grime down. I sure hate to miss a pretty day of riding to sit and clean.

#17 ·
As you should know by now, "not only am I an fluid changeohlic " BUT I also like a very clean bike/trike as well, so everytimes it rains I will sit in my garage w/headphones on, "rock out to Led Zeppelin, and wax away using "Mother's wax/polish" God do I just love R-E-T-I-R-E-M-E-N-T AND a extremely clean motorcycle....as well.... I just waxed her again yesterday, cause I was bored, I have to guess that I probably have at least five or more coats of wax on the trike...so far this season...........

Ronnie

#21 ·
Waterless wash is used to clean the surface dirt before polishing, it encapsulates the dirt and you wipe it away. If you use polish on a dirty finish you can end up scratching the paint. You can get waterless wash at any auto parts store.

Reactions: Luv2fish
#23 ·
I'm assuming that the buttons are made so water will not ruin them............. I wash my bike after every ride, and totally wax it, every rain storm (in my garage) I use a garden hose, so I don't direct a high power water jet into the buttons or switches..... If it ain't shinny, it ain't going to be ridden... I've been this way, about all of my motorcycles ( 7 bikes since I was 16 yrs old) When I sell them they all looked brand new, as they leave my property for the last time, to some other lucky owner....I'm also an oil/fluid changeohlic with frequent oil/filter/fluid changes, as you know by now!!

LONG LIVE OUR GOLDWINGS!
Ronnie
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

#25 ·
I'm assuming that the buttons are made so water will not ruin them............. I wash my bike after every ride, and totally wax it, every rain storm (in my garage) I use a garden hose, so I don't direct a high power water jet into the buttons or switches..... If it ain't shinny, it ain't going to be ridden... I've been this way, about all of my motorcycles ( 7 bikes since I was 16 yrs old) When I sell them they all looked brand new, as they leave my property for the last time, to some other lucky owner....I'm also an oil/fluid changeohlic with frequent oil/filter/fluid changes, as you know by now!!

LONG LIVE OUR GOLDWINGS!
Ronnie
View attachment 272325
Boy the way you describe your self , reminds me of myself ....but for sure im be more careful applying water to the bike

#24 ·
Hydrogen peroxide with a couple drps of Dawn to get the bugs and most road grime, then Original Bike Spirits to finish off. 122k miles '06 and folks still think it's new (they don't look close). Storing inside is a major contributor to paint life. Now, my GL1000 show bike gets lots more detailing attention.

#33 ·
I have a ton of different brand waxes sitting on my shelf as we speak (cause I wax "Blacky" every rain fall....) BUT I have not used this "Ice brand" that you speak of (as of yet) I'll be looking, next time in an auto store.... "Thanks for the suggestion, of a new brand to try" ...............Nothing is better then sitting in my garage with headphones on (led Zeppelin blasting away) and it's pouring rain outside..... and I have a can of wax, a rag, and a beer in my hands, while waxing away! Again, a clean bike is a happy well cared for machine, that will give "hopefully" good service through out the years of ownership...............O' yea don't forget about that [oil/filter] change .............Being an changeohlic sure does help! LOL
Ronnie

#34 ·
If you have an Auto Zone near you and you have a black bike try Turtle Wax Jet Black believe me it makes black come alive. My wife has a black Jeep and other waxes made it shine but the Jet Black made it look like it was just painted. It may be sold at other auto part stores but Auto Zone is where I buy mine. It is the same wax as Ice but pigmented for black paint. Try it you will love it.😁

#36 ·
I guarantee that you will be amazed by the difference. When you start to wax step back and look at a panel that was done and one that wasn't and you will be amazed. Once done it will dazzle you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.