Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happened to the American business sense ??

An exchange between I and boogeylights.com :

Subject: Re: Sales Inquiry Ref# 1001540
To: "Christine Maentz" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, February 3, 2012, 6:33 PM

It is ?? They don't have the color I want ... Because I insulted you, ill buy from someone else then ! How does that grab ya ?

Sender: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:59:55 -0500
To: Chris<sumncguy>
Cc: Tim<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Sales Inquiry Ref# 1001540

Chris,

It's quite insulting to have you send me the link to a competitor & ask me to go look on his website to see if I have what he offers.

Everything we have is on our own website... www.boogey.com If you don't see what you want there, we don't have it.

Why you don't buy what you need from this them.. obviously they have exactly what you need.

Christine

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Chris <sumncguy> wrote:

Chris has sent in a Sales Request.

Reference Id: 1001540

Order Id: none yet

EMAIL sumncguy

------

go to this link http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...=DispPage&Page2Disp=/light_bars-flexible.html scroll down until you see SWFLS and SNFLS series Flexible Light Strips with Side Emitting LEDs I want to get the effect of the lights shown in the link given above. I dont want to see the leds, only their glow. I want to install weather proof LEDs to act as running lights in amber to illuminate the vent holes in the fairing and pop off panels on my 2012 goldwing. If you reply I can send a pic of the bike with some arrows showing what I want to do.

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Ouch! Somebody's company pride was hurt. Understandable. When so and so customer tell us that so and so will do this and that at this price, we say go for it!

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
I guess if they haven't got what you want they haven't got it. Why make an issue over it. Guess I just don't understand

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Sounds like Chris was hoping that Boogey would have what he wanted and would have rather dealt with them. It's the conveyance of words and meaning that sent he ball out of bounds I think. Those of us in business have to have thick skins, but we still get our feathers ruffled from time to time. When that happens, both parties lose. Been there done that, and no doubt being human ensures I'll do it again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am in business myself & I do on occasions get links for my competitors. I don't take offence at it, I take it as a positive because it means they would rather trade with me. Also if I get the sale it means one less for my competitors!
I do on the odd occasion tell customers were to get there item if I can not get it for them, many customers appreciate the help & do return due to the customer service I & my team have given.

Just my point of view.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah the link I provided was just an example of the look I was trying to get to. I was attempting to ask the pros for some feedback and probably would have purchased if they could get me something equivalent.

I dont put up with this kind of crap for ANY service or product. I blame the consumer for putting up with these business practices. Its ridiculous ... pay first but wait 30 days or more for your refund ... Doctors - "Ive only left you in the waiting room for 45 minutes", Plumber/Carpenter/Cable guy - "Sorry I had you waiting all day, but I wont make it today!" ... I can go on and on.

Merchants have to work for my business and loyalty. Want to play games, ok no problem ... theres plenty of other places I can spend my money. Thats my simple and plain rant.

I work for Verizon Business ... how long would Verizon be in business if their employees; and this girl Christine is the owner of boogey lights, told their misunderstood clients to go to AT&T ? If I owned that company and ANY employee responded like she did, they'd be out on their in a split second. Businesses, and even more so, employees need to realize customers are what puts that Hamburger Helper on the table every night !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.