Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riders,

I'm new to the forum and now that I've had my first Goldwing for a couple weeks, I can honestly say I agree with all the press of this bike having such a loyal following. I've ridden them all: BMW, Harley, Metric... cruiser, sport-touring, etc... and the GL is by far the smoothest, most comfortable rocket ship I've ever owned. Glad to finally be a member of the clan :D

My question is this:

Did your new 2012 GL come with a toolkit or extra cords for anything having to do with audio accessories? My owners manual states that I should have a toolkit and cord to run inside my left side fairing pocket. My dealer, however, states that these items were discontinued in the U.S. market in 2000.

Anyone have any info on what is supposed to come with my motorcycle when it's new from the factory?

Thanks so much for your input.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Mine did not come with a toolkit. It did come with the audio cable.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
2008 came with tools and a cord. Tool kit is in the left saddle bag and the cord was in the left pocket.
2012 just has better navigation and Ipod connection in the back. Diff seat and supposedly better suspension.

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Your dealer is incorrect...My '08 came with a tool kit & a cord. I can't believe the '12 doesn't come with a tool kit??? WTF???

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,520 Posts
Buy a Canadian model and they all come with a tool kit and the aux cable. Just remember to get your wallet out, they cost more for those two 'niceties' north of the 49th!:eek: Ditto on the manuals though, plastic bags abound:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,304 Posts
I think I'll just keep my old bike. If the are getting that cheap on the little things, what are they doing to the machine itself?!?

·
Premium Member
24,520 Posts
All the Wings we've had come in the crate the aux cable was in the trunk. Part of our PDI procedure is to plug the cable into the pig tail and run it into the pocket. Sounds like there are some dealers out there that don't.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
All the Wings we've had come in the crate the aux cable was in the trunk. Part of our PDI procedure is to plug the cable into the pig tail and run it into the pocket. Sounds like there are some dealers out there that don't.
Mine came already plugged it. Maybe the dealer did it while they were seting it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.