Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, what a humbling discovery. I was out in the garage fiddling on the weekend (meant to post this earlier) and just for kicks I had the stereo playing as I worked. As I was wiping the fairing controls and switches I hit the audio mode button inadvertently. As I cycled through it, imagine my surprise when I found the "ambiance" controller. What a doofus! Now I have the sound I was missing out on due to my dumbhead mistake. No idea how I totally missed this.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I wonder if my GL-1500A has it, I hardly ever play the stereo and now I have to go look.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I too recently found this in the book and tried it out. After reading the description, (may fade in and out in sound and when pulling in an FM station).

Maybe my ignorance but I don't see us missing much.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Oh! The AMB ambience [ Off - Low - High ] setting. I thought it meant Auto Mute Button. Too many initials. RSVP (répondez s'il vous plaît ).

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
I wonder if my GL-1500A has it, I hardly ever play the stereo and now I have to go look.
you should have a botton marked " amb " on the radio

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
budoka, have you found the reverse button yet!!!
Only kidding my friend!!!!!

It makes the biggest difference on a tape player on the 1500 and on AUX on the 1800. I never noticed much difference on the radio,

·
Registered
219 Posts
I thought the AMB was for the Amber light :rolleyes:

budoka, have you found the reverse button yet!!!
Reverse Button!!!!! Oh my god, no one told me, you mean ive been busting my b&##s pushing it

Right its back to the Manual and do some serious reading :D

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the AMB feature is on the 1500's as well. It's a basic version of a digital sound field processor. It gives music a more 'live' sound such as in a concert hall. It only works on stereo sources (no AM transmissions will have any affect) but it certainly does improve the sound reproduction (IMHO). It works best on digital sources (mp3, i-pod, satellite) and it will work on FM but you need a strong signal from the source. I have mine set to high to get the maximum effect. Chopin114, try some of your favorite piano licks, it just might resemble a live chamber session; long-hair stuff [Chopin, Handel, Mozart, Beethoven] is very suited to it. Of course it does a pretty fair job reving up Stevie Ray, BB King and the rest of the R&B boys too.
BTW, fair digs on the reverse button shot; I deserved it LOL

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Since we're discussing features, where do I check the headlight fluids?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
It is located next to the brake dust reservoir, love2ride. :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey, I found some brake pad lubricant on sale. WD-39 or Vicks 45 or something like that

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I found a killer deal on 'Chrome' muffler bearings. $2.00 each.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was out looking through my old parts trying to find those dash covers off my '84 and I came across two 'brand new w/tags' universal foofoo valves. Only downside is they require an 8.5mm adjustable hoosit wrench to set them properly; I think those just might be discontinued:(

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I turned the AMB button on a mile down the road from the dealer when I bought the bike and have never turned it off. The more sound the better...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Read the manual?? What !! no pictures ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts