Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm still on the hunt for the prefect Goldwing...if there is a such thing. :) My question is what color has the best resale, or is the most desireable color to have? Once I get my GW, which is very soon, I would like to keep it for 4 to 5 yrs before I sale or trade it in on a another GW. At first I was sold on getting a Yellow one, but after talking to another dealer he told me they don't sell that many of Yellow GWs, but they do sell a lot of black ones which he had 3 on showroom for sale. Image that! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I too had plans of buying a yellow one - mainly for visibility. Then, I had an opportunity to buy a Pearl White '08 and fell in love with it. The white actually makes you more visible in the headlights from the rear at night. It also hides a lot of dust/dirt between washes.

One amusing aspect of owning a white motorcyle is that some motorists spot you in the mirror and automatically assume you're a cop closing in on them. Sometimes, they'll even slow down to the speed limit and occasionally move over to let you pass. I think they're also more likely to let you pass before pulling out into your lane from a side street... that is, when they actually see you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I own a black '10. I love the flake in the paint in the sun. I prefer black on all my vehicles.
As to resale, there must be a site out there with those stats? My opinion - black and the candy reds sell quick.
Rob

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
The Burgundy Red would probably be the best color for " resale ". Chances are the fellow who will buy it will have a friend with an '08 Pearl White and his Burgundy Red will look very nice parked beside it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
The best color is the color you like. As far as resale, condition matters more to folks than color IMO.. I have silver because I had 2 red bikes before this one and I did not want black or yellow and I have a white car. So to each his own. Buy what you like and don't worry about resale. You may like it so much you won't want to get rid of it.

Ride safe whatever color.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Obviously it's a matter of personal choice, but if you look at Honda history, there is one colour that stands out in the popularity from the manufacturer: red. Not just any red, but the Candy reds, Wineberry, Cabernet etc have been around almost from day one in
'75. Most popular in the 1200 era, and throughout most of the 1500 run, and still in the current 1800's. But hey what do I know, I just sell 'em and ride 'em. FWIW both my 1200 and 1500 were Wineberry:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have to agree with Chopin

The Burgundy Red would probably be the best color for " resale ". Chances are the fellow who will buy it will have a friend with an '08 Pearl White and his Burgundy Red will look very nice parked beside it.
There's just something about a Pearl White parked next to a friend's Burgundy Red that speaks volumes! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got a Red 2010 and love the looks of it. Dealer in Mayland says all the level 2, 3, & 4's Reds for 2010 on the east coast are gone. So red must be a polular color. If they had a 2010 Pearl White, I would have bought it. The Pearl White is a great looking bike.

·
Registered
466 Posts
And I must confess. If I REALLY had my choice, it would be the Burnt Orange.
Unfortunately there are only 5 colors that I had to choose from in the 2008's. Black, White, Titanium (brown), Red, and Dark Red. Out of these, the Dark Red looked the best to me.

But the most important thing was the bike and the price. I got both of those. I do plan on either finding a "burnt Orange" bike to swap Tupperware with or pulling off all mine this winter and having it painted.

The bad thing about the Cabernet Red is, in bright sunlight, it almost looks purple and at night or cloudy days it looks almost brown.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
easyrider,
which color do you like? If you're buying your Wing and plan on keeping it forever why worry about resale value, just enjoy it. If you want something special try to find the '09 in light blue with ABS.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Still to this day... I get compliments on my '81 BLACK GW...and Now get even more compliments on my 2010 BLACK GW....

I would say...just pic a color and get out riding...the summer is too short...at least in Wisconsin...:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was my main reason to get the Yellow one for the visablity and being safe. You could see a Yellow GW 10 miles away, but like everything else nothing last forever. So when it comes time to trade my bike in or sell it for a new one, I do want someone who want to buy my bike at a good price vice not wanting to buy my bike because of it color.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Two Wheel Thing, im with you on the Silver one! something about Sliver & Chrome but agree with most that it is the GW in the end, color is the personal pref.... I did like the Purple Magenta that came out here yrs ago (The wife loved it)

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
" Old Testament: Ecclesiastes ch. 1 v.2
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity." Read and weep you Counselors of Color.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts