Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace ALL the plastic on my wing from the seat back.

I know that later model wings have different tail lights and those lights won't fit my year wing.

Since I have to replace all of it, can I replace the saddlebags with later model year bags? What is actually different?

I am all for making my wing look like a newer one than it is.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The only bags that fit are 01 to 10. There (to the best of my knowledge) is no way to fit 2012 bags on it. Personaly I do not like the looks of the new style and would not try to change my 03 in any way!

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I'd contact a company that does trike conversions for the bags and lights for them. Not sure aobut a trunk if you need one of them, perhaps a salvage shop or E-bay.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
I'd contact a company that does trike conversions for the bags and lights for them. Not sure aobut a trunk if you need one of them, perhaps a salvage shop or E-bay.
I'm with Budoka. :agree:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good luck with that. I tried two different companies looking for bags for my 1500 and got ZERO response. Maybe if you know someone they'll talk to you.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Trike shops, salvage yards and e-bay. Saddlebags should not be hard to come by, but a trunk maybe a little harder. There is 3 sets listed in the Jan, 2013 Wing World. 2 sets listed at $300 and one (listed as complete rear end from conversion with 1 mile on them) for $1000.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
look, the frame didn't change, I don't think.
That means that probably the only thing that changed was the plastics and MAYBE mount for the trunk and bags.

I am going to research it.

I am not attached to the body style of the 2005 or the 2013.

I am attached to the 6 cylinder 1800 and cruise control, fat seat and fat passenger seat.

Everything else is just gravy.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Good luck with that. I tried two different companies looking for bags for my 1500 and got ZERO response. Maybe if you know someone they'll talk to you.
Yeah, might take a bit of searching to find a shop that does re-sell them. I was lucky when I did up my Vulcan, Lehman's home shop was less than an hour away from me. I picked up a set of pristine FLT bags for a really fair price. They were happy to unload them. don't know why they (more of these shops) don't advertize these leftovers for sale.??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts