Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I happened to be ditty bopping though the Utube vids and thought this was both funny and a warning to those who ride through the National Parks out west - where the buffalo - and other wild critters roam. Check it out at about the .57 mark

Some of the comments are priceless as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=6oUqd9M4JFg

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
There are times when a cage is preferred to 2 wheels and open air.... That is one of them...

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
From my point of view, the funny part was how fast the camera operator got into the car and drove off and left him to his own devices. Yes it gave us a laugh. Eric

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
He was actually lucky it was a frontal and not a t-bone!:eek:

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Javalina are a menace here. Collisons are common but hitting a 45 pound male would be clsoe to hitting an anvil. You will definitely damage the bike and probably go down. Good time to be wearing a helmet.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Check out some of Fossils gallery pics. He has a close encounter with one of those "critters".

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I know the one you mean Ref. I had one of those take exception to us in a truck in Jasper Ab some years back...caved in the drivers door from about 3 feet away. Just reared up and BAM! And I thought I was a hard head!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Okay so the people are throwing food out (like they're not supposed to & then wonder why the animal gets a little ornery when the bike appears to be threatening their position). People never cease to amaze me. They are WILD animals, duh. Like the lady who got attacked in Yellowstone last year only about 2 weeks after we were there. She goes chasing with a camera after a Bison then you can clearly see someone had thrown something at the animal & it turns, sees her & the next thing you know she's on National TV crying about it. Give me a break. Look closely at the Bison around 55 seconds & you can see something hit the animal.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Ref here are a series of the pictures you were talking about. Funny thing was they looked like they wanted to cross. I stopped so as not to become "Bantha Fodder". They walked out onto the road & the lead one laid down. That was the stoppage of traffic for about 15 minutes. We passed the time taking pics, sitting still, had shut the bike off & singing - Buffalo Gals.

If you look at the pics you'll see that we have our raingear on because a couple miles before it had started to come down. After the road opened again & we were rolling Janice was pondering how they had looked so calm yet a bit confused. I told her that I knew what the issue was. Of course she didn't believe me & prodded to find out. I said & if you look at picture 4 you can see the confusion on his face. The Bison was looking at us with Black Helmets & black outfits & thinking to himself- "Now how do those 2 Son-of-#$%*&@* get to ride around on a Goldwing when I have to walk everywhere I want to go? "

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Fossil: I don't know what he was thinking in photo 4, but with your sence of humor I just know when we catch up you had better be prepared for sore ribs. I have had nights where I have laughed so much my belly and ribs hurt the next day. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
She goes chasing with a camera after a Bison then you can clearly see someone had thrown something at the animal & it turns, sees her & the next thing you know she's on National TV crying about it. Give me a break. Look closely at the Bison around 55 seconds & you can see something hit the animal.
I would have been hunting down the jackwagon that threw that something.:mad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the reason that buffalo attacked the motorcycle was because she saw it as a threat to her calf.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
hi larry, 36 years here.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
I believe the reason that buffalo attacked the motorcycle was because she saw it as a threat to her calf.
I agree lakecharles. I think too many times sight seers forget that when you are in a setting as such that you are basically in their Living Room. People somehow get the idea that it's ok to feed, chase the animals around with cameras & wander where they shouldn't go. When we were going through Yellowstone which is where our Bison pictures were from we came upon a group of vehicles stopped (obvious animals somewhere close) & watched a father,mother & 2 small kids actually get out of their family truckster, go into the woods chasing after something going away. The thought process is crazy. If they stumbled upon a Mama bear with her cubs it would be a sad day & the bleeding hearts of humanity would be calling for the bear to be put down.

Sorry for the rant. I'm done now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts