Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my fathers and my first real restoration. It was a 14 time national award winner. Sorry its gone it was so much fun. More details after you guess.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
The Google search engine is temporarily down due to an inordinate amount of queries on Vintage Motorcycles, of all things. I'll be back later with my answer.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
2014 Harley edition of the Goldwing???:eek:
***Comments posted by poster do not necessarily reflect sponsors or forum moderators. No feelings should be hurt in this posting. Yall know I LOVE ALL motorcycles. Just love some more than others.**********

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
My guess is "OLD"...

·
Super Moderator
7,607 Posts
May I suggest sending an e-mail to the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley North Carolina. They may know what it is.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
Henderson?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
That's an original Putt, the second model was the Putt Putt.

:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I've seen the emblem before but can't remember what it is. Thought it might be an older BSA emblem or maybe Ariel...

·
Registered
85 Posts
With alot of searching around on the net I belive it is a 1925 - NER-A-CAR. It was listed under Rare Motorcycles That Even Indiana Jones Couldn’t Find at (Motorcycle Center.Com)

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I agree that it's a neracar; I believe it is the 1924 British Sheffield version.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
With alot of searching around on the net I belive it is a 1925 - NER-A-CAR. It was listed under Rare Motorcycles That Even Indiana Jones Couldn’t Find at (Motorcycle Center.Com)
Close my friend. Its actually a 1924 NER-A-CAR. It was the same year model Cannon Ball Baker rode down the top of a rail road rail while reading a news paper. It was geared toward women to get them to ride. It was an awesome bike 35 top speed in 7th gear. It was a wreck when it came to us rust welded with an I beam over the seat should be - we got the original seat with it. I was in 9th grade and formed the cowling, belly pan and muffler for the bike from templates a friend of my dads made from his.
When we finished it had 30 coats of hand rubbed black lacquer. It was all original accept for the saddle bag that dad made by hand forming the metal ends and making new leather. The hand grips were deteriorated so I turned new wood ones and we found the original goth lettering. I made plastic molds and we made dups. Little did I know it would lead me into my career as a pattern maker. Later on I had a little business making new grips for old bikes Here is an interesting sight about the evolution on this old bike.http://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/wikig/Ner-A-Car.html
More old ones including a 1898 3 wheeler and a 1908 only if anyone is interested you tell me.
PS we had 37 bikes at the end. wich it had the 1937 Henderson in like 4 cylinder still.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thats the story of my life, always close but no cigar! I would have loved to restore old bikes when I was growing up. You were very lucky.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats the story of my life, always close but no cigar! I would have loved to restore old bikes when I was growing up. You were very lucky.
Thanks my friend and yes I was very lucky to have the parents I had. Dads gone mom lives with us today. It was an awesome young life motorcycles and RC airplanes and trains but the bikes were tops. In 1976 dad and me rode an original Indian in line 4 cylinder- the brown color and a 1946 Indian Chief- fire engine red from Elyria OH to St Louis Mo to an AMC meet. It is something I will never forget although Dad made me ride the Chief some. Both had power to spare. I have a 1923 NER-A-CAR and all the parts to restore it some day and a 1942 Whizzer to restore also..
Bikes today are so much easier to ride than the old ones. Riding a 40 in line is like riding a broncho but so fulfilling. I also found a 1975 Wing with 3000 miles that I will bring home shortly. Its been in a family room for 35 years so it will be a seal rebuild and tire. Love bikes.:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Very interesting about the restoration. Would have never guessed the make.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts