Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Ride within my limits, stay in the right lane except at night when I move to the left lane which gives me more time to see the critters and take evasive action. Always look at the oncoming driver to see if he/she is paying attention to what they are doing and whenever you see a good subject, stop and take a picture. I prefer to ride alone.:D Isaac

·
Registered
286 Posts
All of the above. And, be acutely aware of what is going on around you at all times. That can be mentally draining on a long ride, or riding in heavy traffic, but....???? Beats the alternative.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
no drinking, ride safely, and make it home unharmed

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
When you're the lead rider know your route. When you're not the lead rider don't criticize the route your on. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Ride like you're invisible. No drinking. And definitely no douchapotamusus allowed
!
Mark

·
Registered
72 Posts
..Maintain a state of situational awareness, be safe as ya can while still having fun, have a good attitude and don't be a pain. Same basic "rules" as any other situation, really. Whether it's bikes, boats or whatever.:cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
..Maintain a state of situational awareness, QUOTE]

You a wildland firefighter?

Maintain your Situational Awareness says it all. Paying attention to what is going on around you (usually) gives you time to react.

No rules, just don't be stupid like Ron said.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
One of my other forum mates signature about sums it up for me:
"All the others out there are crazy and trying to kill you"

·
Registered
72 Posts
You a wildland firefighter?
No rules, just don't be stupid like Ron said.
Nossir, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time. ;)

And I try to not be stupid. "The Duke" said life was tough being like that an' I believe him.
Lawdy knows it's tough enough already. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
..Maintain a state of situational awareness, be safe as ya can while still having fun, have a good attitude and don't be a pain. Same basic "rules" as any other situation, really. Whether it's bikes, boats or whatever.:cool: d:^) Schneeks..
Hey OddBall! Don't forget...."no negative waves man".....

Mark

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
And definitely no douchapotamusus allowed, now that is a BIG 1:eek: What Mark said.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
No drinking, ride during the day when possible, check all mirrors ( I have the small rectangle mirrors on the inboard bottom of the factory mirrors, really helps when merging).
If I am on a busy 4 lane I stay in the left lane and keep up with traffic, to many times people have pull out in front of me from side roads. I don't have the blinking brake lights so I lightly activate the brakes 2-3 times to let people know I am slowing down.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
My only rule is continue work on your weaknesses. If it makes you uncomfortable......that should be your focal point.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
We don't need no stinking rules

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.