Honda Goldwing Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't read all the responses yet, but I will tell you that the passenger pegs are very important if you have that special person that rides behind you. We have a set by kuryakyn that have a piece that comes up and gives the passenger another option for their foot position. Don't ask me if they still make/offer them. They weren't cheap, but well worth every penny spent.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got The MADSTAD installed on the bike and took it out this morning for an "adjustment ride". I'm 6-2 and purchased the 16" version in Light Smoke color to match the Titanium 'wing.
I think it looks pretty good and it is WAY BETTER than the stock, vented windshield!
I set the black "base" part at the lowest position and then found the sweet spot for me to be...

Height - about 1-1/2" up from lowest pos.
Angle - 1 knotch back from "most upright" angle.

At this setting, for me, I'm comfortably looking over the top of the windshield.

This seems to work best at speeds up to 85 mph. Will need to test it for my rider when she gets out if work later today.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Registered
120 Posts
My Madstad windshield arrived yesterday. Installed it. Wasn’t too bad to do. Took it out on the interstate, made several stops to adjust it. I have it dialed in pretty good. Very smooth ride. No helmet buffeting. Love the new windshield.
View attachment 271985
View attachment 271986
What size of MadStad did you get? Looks like 14”? I’m still having trouble getting mine to dial in so I don’t get buffeting. I’ve emailed MadStad and am waiting to hear back from them. I think I’ll call them today. My 12” doesn’t seem to be doing it for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
What size of MadStad did you get? Looks like 14”? I’m still having trouble getting mine to dial in so I don’t get buffeting. I’ve emailed MadStad and am waiting to hear back from them. I think I’ll call them today. My 12” doesn’t seem to be doing it for me.
I went with the 14" and it work just right. No buffeting. I'm 5'11".

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad to hear that both @bstone and @Silver-Surfer have found the sweet spot! I spoke to Blair at MadStad this morning and he was very helpful with some suggestions that I will try, however I was looking at both your set-ups in your photos and see that I have mine set-up pretty close to what you have in terms of how high the black mounting plate is on the stock settings (I'm 5 clicks up from the bottom on mine and it looks like @bstone is the same), and how you have set the MadStad in terms of angle and height on the brackets. I may only be just a few millimetres low from getting it it to the right height. I'm going to try to meet up with @edmKC in the next few days - he's kindly offered to let me try his 14" screen to see if it makes a difference. More to come....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the 16"

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 16" makes sense for you since you are 6'2". I'm 5'8" and according to MadStad, I fall within the 12" windshield range. I like your ST by the way - very similar to mine. Is yours a 2003?
The ST is a 2007 - Silver. She's been a good STeed for 112,000 miles.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts