Honda Goldwing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
I didn't like ear buds. They never stayed in right plus the wire. Now there are wireless but I feel they would be uncomfortable under a lid. I first had an Amp Go. It was cheap and it worked great! Later upgraded to a Shoei Neotec II with real communicator by Sena. I also got a Sena SM10 for the Wing and the entire setup us amazing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I didn't like ear buds. They never stayed in right plus the wire. Now there are wireless but I feel they would be uncomfortable under a lid. I first had an Amp Go. It was cheap and it worked great! Later upgraded to a Shoei Neotec II with real communicator by Sena. I also got a Sena SM10 for the Wing and the entire setup us amazing!
Sounds like the Sena SM10 has amazing sound. I think I’m leaning that directing. It also sounds like I can do business with clients, while cruising down the highway and they not know any different. 😊

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sounds like the Sena SM10 has amazing sound. I think I’m leaning that directing. It also sounds like I can do business with clients, while cruising down the highway and they not know any different. 😊
The SM10 only connects to the bikes infotainment system. The great sound comes from the bike. If I only play FM radio from the communicator or my phone the bass kinda sucks. On another note I love my floor boards w/ heel toe shifter and I've done a complete LED swap except the dash. I've also made the upgrade to have every light in the rear run as tail/brake is wicked bright! Clamshell Kurt ISO grips were nice too made the grips bigger to hold on to and the heat still gets through just not as good. Oh! Double darkside rubber has been awesome! I saw you put on some E4s. I tried them and the rear was flat in the center pretty quickly. When I took it off it could stand up by itself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The SM10 only connects to the bikes infotainment system. The great sound comes from the bike. If I only play FM radio from the communicator or my phone the bass kinda sucks. On another note I love my floor boards w/ heel toe shifter and I've done a complete LED swap except the dash. I've also made the upgrade to have every light in the rear run as tail/brake is wicked bright! Clamshell Kurt ISO grips were nice too made the grips bigger to hold on to and the heat still gets through just not as good. Oh! Double darkside rubber has been awesome! I saw you put on some E4s. I tried them and the rear was flat in the center pretty quickly. When I took it off it could stand up by itself.
Can/will the SM10 connect to my iphone via bluetooth? If so, shouldn't the sound be pretty good coming from the iphone. It plays pretty good music via bluetooth now to my ear buds.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Can/will the SM10 connect to my iphone via bluetooth? If so, shouldn't the sound be pretty good coming from the iphone. It plays pretty good music via bluetooth now to my ear buds.
No. The SM10 only plugs in your bike 5pin cable. Not to your phone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok, gang, thanks for the scoop on the armrests. Picked up the 'wing on Saturday, over in Wisconsin, and said "what the hell - let's just keep on going around the lake..." So, a quick stop at Lambeau Field and then over the Big Mac and then back home. Easily an Iron Butt 1,000, except for the overnight stay in St Ignace. 😁
Now, I got another one for you - that stock windshield HAS TO GO! My research so far suggests either the Taka Long Ride or the Madstad. What are your thoughts? And what about the height, for a tall guy like me? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
28,043 Posts
Tom, for what it is worth, I only have heard of two or three folks with the Taka. At least two of them were unhappy and changed to something else. It was a workmanship quality that they didn't like. To be honest that may have been corrected by the manufacture.

There are many more guys that use the Madstad and I don't think I have seen anything but praise for it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tom, for what it is worth, I only have heard of two or three folks with the Taka. At least two of them were unhappy and changed to something else. It was a workmanship quality that they didn't like. To be honest that may have been corrected by the manufacture.

There are many more guys that use the Madstad and I don't think I have seen anything but praise for it.
Thanks Bill - I like the adjustability of the Madstad, so I just pulled the trigger on one. ☺

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
How is the sound for music and books on tape?
I listen mostly to the onboard XM Radio and my iPod connected I the trunk. iPod is much better but I’m sure it is the GW XM antenna. Not a great design. My wife has her phone connected to her headset and listens to books on tape no problem through her phone.

We also can talk from headset to headset and it doesn’t use the bikes intercom system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'm waiting for my Madstad too! Ordered it was last week and got a notice from FedEx that it will arrive today. Like Christmas all over again, except that I bought this gift for myself!
I ordered my last Thursday, and it doesn't show that it has even shipped yet. Still waiting for Christmas. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Baker built wings are a must....more air in the summer and deflect the air away from you in the winter. also got a F-4 Tall windshield with the center air vent. I also added 2 cup holders....one for water one for my coffee cup. I also have a shoei modular helmet with a built in raiseable sunvisor. Passenger armrests the more comfortable your wife is the more you will get to ride. also got the sena 20 and Bose noise canceling earbuds. Centramatic wheel balancers keep your tires perfectly balanced and tires last longer.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts