Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to trick out my bike. Need some ideas for your favorite accessories. I purchased this 2001 GL 1800, and I've added highway extended pegs, kuryakyn chrome drink holder, phone mount, garmin mount, kuryakyn grips and 2 chrome flag holders mounded to the trunk. I've also purchased several luggage bags. One that contour fits into the back seat, and one roll bag that fastens to the trunk top. And my wife doesn't ride, so I don't need to consider anything for the passenger.

What else should I consider?

·
Super Moderator
28,042 Posts
One of the best things I ever added was a backrest. Actually I added a whole new aftermarket seat, but it came with a Backrest.

By the way sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A Madstad windshield and a set of Baker Built Airwings, especially the mirror wings, and a Sirius/XM radio. 2003 Black Beauty Ignore that rear tire, you're not really seeing a car tire on there. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey were twinszeeee here, looks like my bike, I had to go out to the garage just to make sure that my bike was still in there. LOL

Your going to really enjoy it!

Ronnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wanting to trick out my bike. Need some ideas for your favorite accessories. I purchased this 2001 GL 1800, and I've added highway extended pegs, kuryakyn chrome drink holder, phone mount, garmin mount, kuryakyn grips and 2 chrome flag holders mounded to the trunk. I've also purchased several luggage bags. One that contour fits into the back seat, and one roll bag that fastens to the trunk top. And my wife doesn't ride, so I don't need to consider anything for the passenger.

What else should I consider?

View attachment 271776 View attachment 271777 View attachment 271778
I hope you consider to keep a room for yourself😂

·
Super Moderator
9,586 Posts
A backrest and Baker Wings always made my trips more enjoyable. Also had foam grips that worked well.

·
Super Moderator
14,126 Posts
Baker air wings for under the mirrors. They really help with additional air flow in the heat and directing more wind out in the cold.

I was looking at your map. I've been looking for that bridge to Hawaii but haven't found it yet. Where is it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Baker air wings for under the mirrors. They really help with additional air flow in the heat and directing more wind out in the cold.

I was looking at your map. I've been looking for that bridge to Hawaii but haven't found it yet. Where is it?
Hey Crown, with enough beer in us, we don't need a "sticken bridge" we'll find our own way there..............LOL

Ronnie

·
Registered
208 Posts
Keep an eye and a heavy coat of wax on your Kuryakyn accessories, they're known to peel and rust quite a bit. I think I've managed to get most of the Kuryakyn accessories off my bike now. YMMV.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts

If and when you find that bridge let me know . Hawaii is the last state I need to have all 50.

bstone
Did you get your radio working ? And I'm in agreement that a backrest is the best add-on. It was the first thing I added to my 2006. The dealer I bought mine from was a friend and he wouldn't put the backrest on for me. He was concerned about his liabilty if he screwed it up. But he did let me use his shop and tools so I could add it. And the first thing I added to my 2017 was a backrest.

·
Super Moderator
14,126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,335 Posts
Are these the Baker wings you are talking about? There are quite a few to choose from.

View attachment 271787
Those are the ones he is referring to. They make a huge difference. I had others on my bike when I first got it, I removed all but those and have been very pleased.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts