Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday the wife and I were wanting to take a ride but it kept getting pushed back later in the day. Finally I made the command decision to go and we were off. A long ride down a highway to link up with another, we were following a car with a bike ahead of the car riding 2-up. Couldn't see what kind of bike it was until we got to a traffic light and he turned. This is when I was able to see that the bike was a Kawasaki Nomad and red in color like my previous bike. So I change lanes and nail the throttle to catch up with the Nomad and I look at it and OMG, this is not just a red Nomad, IT WAS MY NOMAD that I traded in 2 weeks ago for my Wing! I knew it was mine due to the unique customizations I did like a chrome emblem on the front fender that was bought from a car site and was actually for a 1957 Chevy Nomad. :) So I yell at the guy and ask if he just bought it and he yells back, yeah, on Friday. He was as freaked out as I was when I yelled again that it was my bike I just traded in! We spoke at a couple lights and we were both all smiles. It was all my wife and I could talk about the rest of that ride!

If either of us had left our homes a minute earlier or later, this meeting would've never happened and with us pushing our ride back several times, well...

Again, what are the odds!

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Thats pretty cool....Maybe one day you can get Jim aka SR71 to tell you about the Triumph TR7 that he bought new.....sold it.....and like 20 years later, regretted selling it and wanted to find one. Found one available and looked at it to find out it was the original one he had purchased new. Now that one is Bizarre.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
It's happened to me too, only it was my old '67 Eldorado that I lovingly restored before I was married. Saw it about 15 years later in Edmonton being driven by a youngster (daddy's car?).

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
That's a neat story Jeff, thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
You just never know what's going to happen. Nice story...

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Wish I could find that old girlfriend I traded in 30 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts

WOW!!!

Hope Stace doesn't look at the GWOF.:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts

I found mine on Facebook. The wife said the years weren't kind to her. What could I say but, " Yes dear. I agree with you 100% ". ;);)

·
Registered
72 Posts
In the odds department: The guy I just bought my Wing from and I had the same birthday (4Sept). And I bought it on "our" birthday. His wife had an '03 VStar she was selling, just like my GF. 'Cept hers was a "Classic".

Go figure.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My question is: How do you like your new wing compared to the Nomad??
Don't want to rip on the Nomad but the differences are like night and day. The wing's power, handing and ergos are over the top. Years ago, I had a Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD inline four and after the kids grew some, got back into biking. I bought a few V-twins but always longed for the performance of my old KZ. The Wing has that and so much more.

The Nomad's bags were larger inside and had built in netting and pouches which were nice. The Nomad was very slow to build it's power, it loved to cruise the highways all day but always felt slow. The cam chains are known to need extenders and that was coming on mine. Also it was a single pin motor and did vibrate quite a bit at idle. Handlebars/grips would shake. I still have one V-twin left in the garage but since buying the Wing, I will sell that in the spring.

I love the Wing, only regret is that I waited so long to get what I truly wanted because I equated it with being older. This bike is not an old man's bike by no means!

·
Administrator
15,295 Posts
Great story.

My coincidence is with a dirt/street bike that I used to own. I got Father/Son dirt bikes when he turned 12. Stupidly I left them in the carport for Hurricane Katrina. They were still there when we got back but 12 feet of salt water at the house didn’t leave them in too good of shape. We emptied them and filled everything up with diesel and let it soak. His 125 ended up running but I traded my 225to a guy with a sawmill 75 miles from the house for a pickup load of cypress lumber. He in turn sold it to Josh, who knew me from the Forest Service and was able to ask about the bike. The first guy didn’t reveal that the bike had been flooded, he just got it running and sold it. It’s still running but Josh did have to change out the fuel tank as it started to rust pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts

Gordo! He really means this. Girls marry guys hoping they can change them. Guys marry girls hoping they wont change.....:eek:

Cool story. Its nice to know that your old bike has a good home :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts