Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to the Gldwng bought tier III model on June 10th and have 5700 miles on her already!!!! I just got back from a quick round trip to TX where my son is going to college I live in Thornton, CO! What an awesome state to ride in!!! My trip to TX put 2K on the bike and did my first oil change down there! Like the Hondaline synthetic, really felt a difference immediately! Can someone comment on whether they have used RoyalPurple for their bikes!? I've heard you can go 12K before changing? Also really hate the IPod connection as there is no way to keep it charged up on long rides like I just did! I did 15hrs on the 21st and then on the way on another 15hrs! My 30g Ipod just won't hold a charge for just about 5.5hrs! I don't want to put one of those huge cigarette lighter type outlets somewhere! Is there a better way? Also need a backrest and highway pegs I've found! :)
I'm looking forward to all the great comments! Take care and great riding!

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
hello and welcome to goldwing owners forum rdwgldwngr, it sounds like you have an 1800. me i have a 1500 but i added a hot point to plug my sansa r280 mp3 player into. it charges the battery and plays through any open fm frequency. the brand is griffen and they have them for ipods too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all! I'm new to the Gldwng bought tier III model on June 10th and have 5700 miles on her already!!!! I just got back from a quick round trip to TX where my son is going to college I live in Thornton, CO! What an awesome state to ride in!!! My trip to TX put 2K on the bike and did my first oil change down there! Like the Hondaline synthetic, really felt a difference immediately! Can someone comment on whether they have used RoyalPurple for their bikes!? I've heard you can go 12K before changing? Also really hate the IPod connection as there is no way to keep it charged up on long rides like I just did! I did 15hrs on the 21st and then on the way on another 15hrs! My 30g Ipod just won't hold a charge for just about 5.5hrs! I don't want to put one of those huge cigarette lighter type outlets somewhere! Is there a better way? Also need a backrest and highway pegs I've found! :)
I'm looking forward to all the great comments! Take care and great riding!
what difference do you sense after oil change?
definetly want backrest and pegs - think i'll get floor boards v.s. pegs.
thought about puttin a cig. lighter in the ipod "pocket". there should be a dedicated ipod dock. bet we can rig something slick. i want to set it up for the passenger (wife) she like the sound controls,so i'm thinkin something in one or the other little pocket back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts