Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent all weekend trying to choose between a 1999 BMW K1200 LT, a 2003 BMW R1200 CL, (my car is a BMW, so a little biased here),and a 1990 Goldwing 1500 SE. After much research, and indecision, I ruled out the R1200 CL. It was only around for a couple of years, before BMW discontinued that model. A lot of negative reviews on this bike. The K1200 LT, was about a 7 hour drive away, and the Goldwing was for sale here locally. I have always admired the Goldwings, and have enjoyed myself the couple of times friends of mine allowed me to ride theirs. Anyway, I am new to the big touring bikes, and the Goldwing was so darn prettyy....a very clean bike for it's age, so I went with it. I rode it about 50 miles today, and was very impressed. Smooth, and I was at 75 mph without even realizing it. I think I made the right decision, and am looking forward to putting many miles on this big hog. Of course, riding season is coming to an end...but, I will squeeze in a few rides when winter rolls around. Glad to have found this group, and I'm looking forward to reading the posts from some of the 'seasoned', and not so seasoned Goldwing riders:)

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Howdy Quack! Welcome to the GWOF!

In short order you'll experience the thing that impresses all of us with Wings, of whatever vintage: Perfect balance + low center of gravity + any momentum = amazing handling for their weight.

Have fun and ride safe! Oh, and post pics!:D

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome from Maryland

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State. Enjoy both the new ride & the site.

Pictures of the bike. Yes:D

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Congrats on your new 2u Wing. You said riding season was coming to an end soon... So, where is home for you??? Put it in your location on your profile and we will know. Thanks for joining and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello quack, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome from North Texas

Enjoy your new to you ride

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Howdy &
from VA.

Ride safe & often!

Mark

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I live just up the hwy from you, in Medford, my wife and I ride to CC often. Love the ride down the Smith River (199).

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Welcome from KY!!! Does it get cold in CA??? :D:D:D
Please post pics and ride safe....:cool:

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome quackattack. I've ridden a K1200 and they are a wonderful bike, amazingly quick and powerful for the displacement of the engine. Biggest issue I have with Beemers is their penchant for costly upkeep. Your 1500 SE is a great choice and I'm sure you'll love it. Was in your fair city back in Sept '91, wonderful place!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Budoka, I know all about how expensive it is to maintain the beemers. My car is a beemer, and they sure must be prould of their mechanics, as much as they charge. Terry, I just moved over here from Medford a year ago. Yes, it is beautiful, when it isn't raining or foggy...which is quite frequently. I may be over in Medford this weekend, if my backrest comes in. My daughter wants me to come over and take her for a ride. I am going to try and post a pic of my bike and the trailer that came with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Great looking bike. I have a trailer just like yours. Oh ya welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. Nice looking bike, I know you will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Budoka, I know all about how expensive it is to maintain the beemers. My car is a beemer, and they sure must be prould of their mechanics, as much as they charge. Terry, I just moved over here from Medford a year ago. Yes, it is beautiful, when it isn't raining or foggy...which is quite frequently. I may be over in Medford this weekend, if my backrest comes in. My daughter wants me to come over and take her for a ride. I am going to try and post a pic of my bike and the trailer that came with it.
Nice looking bike you have there, if you get over this way,well, the coffee pot is always ready and willing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts