Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Only had my new Pearl Yellow Wing for about 2-3 months and was dropping hints to the wife for Christmas gifts. I mentioned I would like a back rest and a V-Stream windsheild knowing that maybe I would get the back rest and would save some money and get the windsheild next year. Well I couldn't beleive I got both under the tree. Spent the afternoon installing the windsheild and cutting the seat and installing the back rest. The V-Stream windsheild is worth every penny it cost. It stopped the wind buffiting with very minimul back pressure on the top of shoulders with the vent closed. If you open the vent you get a blast of air far more than the standard sheild. Bike is quiter without the wind terbulance swirleing around your head and helmet. Back rest is great and the wife can use the backrest back bag as a pocket book on trips or outings. I had a Givi windsheild on my ST1300 and it was as nice as my new V-Stream. Glad I did the windsheild research before wanting it.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
It appears as though you must have been a good boy through the year.:D

Glad you're happy with the purchases & thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
Merry belated Christmas. I'm not ready yet for a Wind screen, but it seems to narrow down to either the V-Stream or the Wind Bender. Your co-pilot's impression of the wind at 70 mph with the V-Stream would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
V-stream was second on my list too. I opted for the Windbender for the electric adjust. One day I'll even get it hooked up:eek:. Mrs really likes the improved airflow/reduced buffeting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Santa got forward ergo pegs and new drivers pegs for me and bag liners as well ...think the Wife (Santa) wants a spring trip in return.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I disapeared after my original post but had to get some sleep to drive the bus early AM. Not saying the V-Stream is the best sheild out there but I new I didn't like the stock sheild. Wife and I will ride New Years Day around the Lakeland area with our friends from Ft Myers and they have a Vision. Got to work the 31st which is my birthday. I can tell you I sure miss my electric sheild on the ST 1300 and my Givi sheild but the wife likes the wing and hated the ST so you know if she is happy everybody is happy. Guess I was a real good boy this year

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Sounds like you were very good this year and Santa rewarded you accordingly. Post some pics for us to see your handywork...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts