Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, New bike owner, new rider.

Pretty stoked.

1979 GL 1000. Paid 500. Perfectly running. Gotta repair a carburetor though, doing all 4 to be on the safe side. Been stored in a garage since its last use in September where it made its way from Florida to Vermont.

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your find. Looks like you have a keeper. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
207 Posts
greetings from Oregon

Sweet ride.....nice price

enjoy

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Nice! Sweet find. Clean and running. In '79 I was rattling my teeth out on a 1200 Harley SuperGlide. If I had only known about Goldwings then. Congrats and welcome from Virginia.
fess up, you did know about goldwings. you still had the harley mind set. hello t3rrorstorm, welcome to GWOF. i was just looking at a '78 wing three weeks ago. i will most likely looes a bike and will replace it with a "78 / '79 wing. congrats, enjoy, and do get licensed

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome from Vermont, great looking ride!!!

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
fess up, you did know about goldwings. you still had the harley mind set.
I was young and stupid and rode what others around me rode.I may have seen a Goldwing but I can't say I recall if I knew what it was. A very strange looking bike back then.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
It looks to be in great condition for a bike that age. Here Down Under I have seen the asking price of $8000. A good old bike will bring big money over here. Our parts are just as expensive. I just got new belts for my 1984 wing, $115 each belt. Eric

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
LMAO!! I lived in Rutland for 8 years now live in the Waterbury area near Stowe!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Well we can ride sometime when you get the licence !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.