Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, New bike owner, new rider.

Pretty stoked.

1979 GL 1000. Paid 500. Perfectly running. Gotta repair a carburetor though, doing all 4 to be on the safe side. Been stored in a garage since its last use in September where it made its way from Florida to Vermont.

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your find. Looks like you have a keeper. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Registered
223 Posts
greetings from Oregon

Sweet ride.....nice price

enjoy

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome!!!! Some people have all the luck, as the song goes.
$500.00 smackers, :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
Nice! Sweet find. Clean and running. In '79 I was rattling my teeth out on a 1200 Harley SuperGlide. If I had only known about Goldwings then. Congrats and welcome from Virginia.
fess up, you did know about goldwings. you still had the harley mind set. hello t3rrorstorm, welcome to GWOF. i was just looking at a '78 wing three weeks ago. i will most likely looes a bike and will replace it with a "78 / '79 wing. congrats, enjoy, and do get licensed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fess up, you did know about goldwings. you still had the harley mind set. hello t3rrorstorm, welcome to GWOF. i was just looking at a '78 wing three weeks ago. i will most likely looes a bike and will replace it with a "78 / '79 wing. congrats, enjoy, and do get licensed
For sure. First things first I have to repair the bummed carb. Plan on getting my permit and taking my time learning the ins and outs. Not thinkin bout license till june maybe? Want to be ready.

·
Premium Member
23,750 Posts
fess up, you did know about goldwings. you still had the harley mind set.
I was young and stupid and rode what others around me rode.I may have seen a Goldwing but I can't say I recall if I knew what it was. A very strange looking bike back then.

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
It looks to be in great condition for a bike that age. Here Down Under I have seen the asking price of $8000. A good old bike will bring big money over here. Our parts are just as expensive. I just got new belts for my 1984 wing, $115 each belt. Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from Vermont, great looking ride!!!
What area of Vermont you from? I live on the boarder of NYS and Vermont. Closest town is Fair Haven, VT. Closest "city" would be Rutland, VT. Quote city because there's no such thing in Vermont country lol.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LMAO!! I lived in Rutland for 8 years now live in the Waterbury area near Stowe!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well we can ride sometime when you get the licence !

·
Registered
58 Posts
sweeeettt !!! looks like you got a awesome deal there, good luck with your new ride....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.