Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange that it was only last January I posted pics of the 2000 and then a turn of events leads me to this. Thanksgiving day 2011 was a beautiful day, sunshine and 68, had to get out and ride. Don't recall if I had posted pics of the new bike previously, but here are a couple of updated shots with the new painted panels. Current milage 8350.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
It seems like a lifetime ago since the Pearl passed away, and though an 1800 can never match her in shape and form they do hold an intriguing appeal of their own. Those side covers are really the ticket. Actually, I don't think you posted a full blown portrait of her. I'm still eyeballing those armrests. Her a** looks nice too.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think i would get the balck on the saddlebags painted silver. i told my niece lisa that when we saw the blue '12 out at town and country cycle

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Very nice Whacker, I hope she brings you plenty of fun miles.

Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I do like that paint combo. The more I see the 2012's the more they are starting to grow on me... Now if only I could find a tree that grows $$$....

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very happy with the engine covers and rear fender panel painted, the side cover and saddlebags I'm undecided about. My first inclination was to do them, but now not sure. I think it has something to do with the shape of the panels and as weird as it sounds, how out of place they might look in silver. Right now I'm content with the thought that they tie to the seat, time and $$ will tell. At this point I'm about done with farkles, think i'll be trying to find the right accent lighting and perhaps some pinstriping that suits me.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I like the way the lines flow on the side profile...gives the bike a much leaner athletic look than my '09 IMO. I can't quite forgive the design team for sticking the old trunk on an otherwise new (ok refreshed) bodywork canvas, but there's lots of things they do and don't do that would rate them a slap upside the head from me so. But hey, we just ride em, enjoy em, and I guess covet them. Very nice ride Whacker, already it's subtly and uniquely yours!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts