Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know how hard it is to organize groups of people from different locations into a meet-up or gathering for a ride somewhere, but if we have decent enough notice, maybe we can get something going. There's Ron and Larry in the northwest (and anybody else that I can't drag up the names off the cuff) and Yellowvette in the Kamloops area, and obviously any of the other BC locales (the Island, Smithers, Kelowna etc) and of course anywhere else that's within reach for ablsolutely anybody that would be interested. I can scam maybe 5 days either in June or August for a rip around the lower BC interior and/or Washington/Idaho/Montana if there's interest on other's minds. Pretty flexible really, but druthers has me in the lower Columbia valley (Nakusp, Nelson) or Okanagan region (Vernon/Penticton/Kelowna). Northern Washington is good (love highway 20-2-200(?) & (Sherman Pass etc) and all the way down to Montana and into Kallispell; Logan Pass always an option!:D Anyway, just some food for thought

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
I'd be up for that. I was planning to make a loop into Montana this coming season anyway.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep the thinking caps on...maybe this could fly! The b-in-law and I are doing a run on the rockets next year out in the Revelstoke area (Hwy 6 look out and keep the Leo's elsewhere thank you very much!) but still need some Wing time too. Navigator is optional of course (I mean for me not you guys); herself hates the marathon run thing. I'd be riding hard to get to the meet-up spot so as to maximize the rest of the tour!:cool:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I will be in Montana for about 2 weeks in the summer. I'll keep track of the dates you come up with. This would be fun.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I will be in Montana for about 2 weeks in the summer. I'll keep track of the dates you come up with. This would be fun.
I love Montana, know some nice riding areas in Western Montana.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds great to me. We have done the Montana, Idaho, Washington, Vancouver Island lower BC home to Edmonton run and it was a blast.Would do it again in a heart beat.Can book either the 2nd 3rd or 4th week in August.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Hey, you guys have something going on now. I may have to come out there.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
OK : I tentatively got the OK. Is this going to be a guys only ride ???

Betty would go if there were going to be other wives along. She hasn't been on the wing since she had her hip replaced, so that could change also, we'll have to see come spring.

My Testosterone level isn't what it used to be, so I'm kind of a mellow rider. I enjoy a nice brisk run through the Twisties, I'm just not a real peg dragger.:eek:

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
OK : I tentatively got the OK. Is this going to be a guys only ride ???

Betty would go if there were going to be other wives along. She hasn't been on the wing since she had her hip replaced, so that could change also, we'll have to see come spring.

My Testosterone level isn't what it used to be, so I'm kind of a mellow rider. I enjoy a nice brisk run through the Twisties, I'm just not a real peg dragger.:eek:
I have to read the mail boxes and see the sights. My carnival type motorcycle rides are over. I don't need that adrenalin rush to have had a good time. I wouldn't want to hold anyone up from such an experience.... We all ride our own ride. Everyone is usually within 5 minutes of each other no matter what the pace is.

My girl friend is 50/50 on attending these things. If other women are going, it is easier for her to join in. If she goes and there is camping involved, it is two up pulling a trailer. Her participation would depend more on the destination rather than the journey. I like traveling with or without her..... on the motorcycle. :)

I am two days away from leaving on my trip through the southwest. My bike is all ready to go...... I am pumped.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Teresa and I have been planning a ride to Montana this coming summer, it would be great to meet up with you guys.

When I had my Venture I couldn't get her to ride with me, she said the seat didn't feel right, now that I have the Goldwing I can't keep her off of it, but thats fine, I enjoy the company.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Personally, I'm starting to like August, only because that would put over con flicks behind me by then.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, this is looking good! Welcome to the place Crabguts, good folk abound throughout!
Definitely a wide open affair as far as I'm concerned, if the navigators come along, that's all good for sure. I'm sure we can all figure out when and where we could hook up and for how long along whatever route it takes. This is either going to make winter fly by or drag on endlessly with great anticipation. Oh boy....:eek:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hmmmmmm...

It's usually not so easy for my wife and I to get away (we have teenagers, sigh...), but I'll be watching this thread just in case.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Hmmmmmm...

It's usually not so easy for my wife and I to get away (we have teenagers, sigh...), but I'll be watching this thread just in case.

Cheers,
Kerry
How about a box of crackers a jug of water and lock them in the bathroom:D Actually you wouldn't even need the jug of water.:rolleyes:

Just in fun of course.;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm game

Well I'm in Snohomish just north of Seattle and I'd be up for joining. Had my Goldwing a little over a year now, and it would be my first experience on a group ride. I'd say pick a date and those that would like to attend can work around it. August is better than June if you are doing any riding west of the Cascade mountains - just lower chance of rain in August. I'd have to see if my better half is interested or not.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Well I'm in Snohomish just north of Seattle and I'd be up for joining. Had my Goldwing a little over a year now, and it would be my first experience on a group ride. I'd say pick a date and those that would like to attend can work around it. August is better than June if you are doing any riding west of the Cascade mountains - just lower chance of rain in August. I'd have to see if my better half is interested or not.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of wings here on the west side.

1 - 20 of 523 Posts