Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take a trip to the west coast. My 1st thought is to fly into San Francisco rent a bike and drive south on highway 1 to San Diego. After that I would like to drive to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Hover Dam and then go to Yosemite. After Yosemite make my way back to San Francisco, return the bike and fly back to the east coast. I don't have to start in San Francisco. My question is where could I rent 2 goldwings for my trip? Does anyone know of a rental company I could try. I plan on making this trip in August.

Thanks,

Nelson

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
Just Google California motorcycle rental and you will come up with more than you want to know. The first one I looked at is:
http://www.californiamotorcycleadventures.com/

Or you can go to Google Map and zoom down to the area you are thinking of and search motorcycle rental, or any subject. I use this to find brew pubs when I’m traveling. Renting a bike isn’t cheap. Hope this helps and good luck. I was just in Sacramento for a meeting and found a rental company but didn’t have time to ride so skipped it.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Nelson, welcome to the site, I've got one question.... why not ride your bike to the west coast?:confused:

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Nelson, welcome to the site, I've got one question.... why not ride your bike to the west coast?:confused:
Yea, Why not! I rode mine to the East coast and all up and down it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Question

That is a great question. Time is one issue. The other is that my son is 21 and he and I are planning on the trip. I just got my goldwing yesterday and my other bike is a 750 Shadow. I know I will be comfortable but he would not be.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Check with Eaglerider.com, but check with all bike rentals your son may have to be over 25.:D

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Nelson, i understand the time constrait issue but at 21 & to be on the open road with Pop that boy will probably feel like he's riding in a Caddy. I say work out the logistics on the time & saddle up the bikes & head west. You will have a blast. i think dragon is right on the 25 year old statement.

Good Luck & welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
I also say let him get on the Shadow and go for it. He’s young and can take it. If it gets too much then change plans in mid-stream and keep it fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts