Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better half and I left Tuesday to run down to New Orleans for our anniversery. Stayed at Ramada on Bourbon St. Had a great time. Not the most friendly bike place I have ever been to. Public parking areas are off limits to motorcycles. You either drive around till you can find a metered parking space (2 hours max for $3.00) or catch a cab and leave bike a hotel. All in all still a great time!!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
We found that out several years back when we were there, every parking lot we went to said NO MOTORCYCLES, we left then at the hotel and took the bus every where we went. We stayed in a place right near the Super dome, and we didn't know it when we made the reservations but the Saints were in town that week-end for a game. What a mess that was.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, You given this ole fossil one more reason not to go to New Orleans.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, You given this ole fossil one more reason not to go to New Orleans.
i've enjoied every visit to the big easy but i've never gone on a bike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me and a buddy had considered going to New Orleans and then another guy said, "Well, if you want your bike stripped, that's where they will do it." Needless to say we did not go.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Some places are just not "bike/biker friendly". I try to stay away from those places. Love me and love my bike. Lots of great places to visit in the good old USA that like bikes. Ride safe..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts