Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been here ahwile, but we just got a new Goldwing. IT took some time after our head on in April to decide and try to ride again. I have already taken a ride on it around the block. I didn't freak out as bad as I thought. First time back on since the wreck.

Anyway, here she is. 1982 Interstate. Picked it up off CL here in FL for $500. Had to do some work on it. Luckily we still had our old 80 wing in the garage to use for parts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Why thats plum purty, you did gooooooooooood. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Great looking bike. Looks like you got a real bargin. Glad you were okay and back in the saddle. Ride safe and enjoy...

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
nice 1100. those case guards on 1100 wings are ginormus. my niece has an 1100 wing and i am going to replace her 1100 engine guards with 1200 engine guards. good to see you back on the road too

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Looks like a good buy you found, glad your back in the saddle again. After my accident 3 years ago a lot of my friends and family tried to get me to stop riding, and now my son had an accident last Thursday, a lady turned left in front of him. Big cut in his leg and hand and a lot of road rash but he will recover. Sop once again friends and family are trying to get me to stop riding, but I again said no. And my son will ride again once his bike is fixed.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Good for you. That's a beautiful bike; why can't I find deals like that? Getting on my bike again after a bad lay down due to blown tire was hard but have never regretted it. They say there are two kinds of riders those that have been down and those that are going down. Just keep you head in the game and aware of your surroundings.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good find. It's gratifying to resurect something someone else neglected (I don't mean abused necessarily) and left for done. Welcome 'formally' to GWOF!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome From Vermont!!!! Great deal!!! So what if anything is wrong with it?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Welcome from Seattle. Nice looking bike..... seems like you got one heck of a good deal.

I understand the fear factor about getting back on the bike after going down. I went down at 35 miles an hour when I was run off the road on a single lane road with a truck pulling out in front of me. I cracked a few ribs and bruised my shoulder.

I too was hounded by family to quit riding.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I celebrate your new ride and your victory over a past experience. A bike can be bought and / or restored over; an experience can only be overcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts