Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Wing in a few adjustments and additions. I had them look at it because when I slowed down it was like ridiing over a rumble strip. I had new tires put on last week and I though maybe something was mis aligned. At first I though it was coming from the front and then the back....I also thought the gas filter was getting clogged...well it was non of the above..

There was a recall on the secondary master cyclinder earlier in the year...and it passed..well it was defective....the rear brake was engaging...and slow to unlock...it warped the rotors and the the cylinder has to be replaced as well. It also explains the sensation of the bike being sluggish to repsond a few days ago....everything is covered and is being replaced.

I am also getting a new windshield because the laminate at the base of the shield was peeling....so I am getting a 1100 dollar shield replacement....I am very happy with the wing and that Honda is taking care of the defects as well. :D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Holy Crap....if it passes then fails on an older GL....say an 02, are you screwed?

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WoW ! It passed and then failed later? Guess we better keep ourselves sensitive to the ride.
The brakes have the power assist front and back...so it explained why I thought it was the front at first and then the back...and of course if they are not releasing it will seem sluggish...it all fell into place with the rest of the story...:D unfortunately the rotors are shot though...so now I am waiting for my new windshield, mastercyclinder and rotors....no riding for atleast a week...:eek: I am already suffering from withdrawel.....I may need to go out and buy a new Busa....:D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
The brakes have the power assist front and back...so it explained why I thought it was the front at first and then the back...and of course if they are not releasing it will seem sluggish...it all fell into place with the rest of the story...:D unfortunately the rotors are shot though...so now I am waiting for my new windshield, mastercyclinder and rotors....no riding for atleast a week...:eek: I am already suffering from withdrawel.....I may need to go out and buy a new Busa....:D
Handy Excuse:D

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am lucky that it did not lock up ...I can think of few rides and places I would have been in a lot of trouble...accident wise and in a few places hard to get to...so all in all I consider myself lucky...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I am lucky that it did not lock up ...I can think of few rides and places I would have been in a lot of trouble...accident wise and in a few places hard to get to...so all in all I consider myself lucky...
Thats for sure! Glad they caught it before something bad happened.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must say I give Honda high marks for being receptive and replacing the problems ....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow you were lucky that you didn't find out about the brakes locking up after a crash. in driving your wing did you ever suspect the brakes were hanging up?
my 2012 has not given me any problems like you described however I only have around 7k on my Wing. 21K on a new Wing I think it is safe to say that you love your new Wing.Thanks for sharing I will be keeping a close eye on my brakes, That is when I get to ride again.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
Awesome customer service! Good for you! $1,100.00 for a windshield?????????
Holy mackerel!
Mark

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
$1100? OEM replacement is like $300...
I'm going to contact my tech dept at Honda Canada and enquire as to the time frame of coverage on the bikes (like most of ours) that have passed the brake recall inspection. Honda still warrants the frame recalls from '03-'04 so this should be a similar issue (safety). I'll post my findings.

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Glad your getting good service from Honda..

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
No sir,no new Busa.....New Honda NC700X. That is just my humble opinion. :D

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Lee, Lee, Lee!!! $1100 for a winshield? Just one? You could get the oversized F4 AND Slipstream for that and have enough left over to install both or give me either one.

Unless your having your IBA patches etched in and then gold-filled. (Actually, that would be pretty cool, at least the etching. Gold-filled would be overkill)

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome customer service! Good for you! $1,100.00 for a windshield?????????
Holy mackerel!
Mark
My response was more along the line of WTF!

$1100? OEM replacement is like $300...
I'm going to contact my tech dept at Honda Canada and enquire as to the time frame of coverage on the bikes (like most of ours) that have passed the brake recall inspection. Honda still warrants the frame recalls from '03-'04 so this should be a similar issue (safety). I'll post my findings.
I would have bought and after market shield if it was coming out of my pocket. Since they are replacing it though the axiom....if it is free it is for me...:D

Lee, Lee, Lee!!! $1100 for a winshield? Just one? You could get the oversized F4 AND Slipstream for that and have enough left over to install both or give me either one.

If in the future I need a new shiedl and I am paying for it. I will be getting a F4 more scratch resistant and bigger for a fraction of the cost...

Unless your having your IBA patches etched in and then gold-filled. (Actually, that would be pretty cool, at least the etching. Gold-filled would be overkill)
Yes that would be very cool...and I dont' know why it is so expensive

No sir,no new Busa.....New Honda NC700X. That is just my humble opinion. :D
Still looking and reading ...the new Kawasaki is touted as a Busa killer...but I was also looking at some bikes that may be good for the ride to the Artic circle....

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Still looking and reading ..the new Kawasaki is touted as a Busa killer...but I was also looking at some bikes that may be good for the ride to the Artic circle....
Buddy you may need a Duc Multistrada?;)

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My problem is I want four more bikes but I can only get one more....:D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually OEM windscreen for '10 and earlier is closer to $200, but for 2012 it is about $900... I have no idea why either.:confused:
Same here no idea...but I was happy to be getting a new shield ...and not losing a ton of money...already paying for the tires...filters and oil changes...IBA rides get a tad expensive.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.